• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four will historically be known as what killed the comic movie craze!

490 posts in this topic

I'm sure you would take notice if someone wanted to 'almost' offer you a certain price on a book.

'Hey Roy, would you almost take $1,000 for that book?'

'You bet!'

'Okay, here's $500.'

Actually, 2.51 is to 3.00 as $836.67 is to $1,000.

:baiting:

I'm sure you would take notice if someone wanted to 'almost' offer you a certain price on a book.

'Hey Roy, would you almost take $1,000 for that book?'

'You bet!'

'Okay, here's $500.'

Actually, 2.51 is to 3.00 as $836.67 is to $1,000.

:baiting:

:roflmao:

:ohnoez:

Sharing opinion's with other people who are sharing opinion's is a part of communication on a forum, Nick. Not everyone is going to agree with each other. It doesn't make anyone wrong or right, it's just opinion's. If everyone had the same opinion, it would be boring. I'm all for people having a different point of view, that's one of the reasons I enjoy CC's posts because I know his point of view will differ from mine and he makes a great contrasting sound board.

It very much is okay to have differing opinions. There is no issue there. But you stating the same negative message before we had even gotten to the point anyone had seen this movie isn't being a great researcher or an amazing visionary. It's banging the same old drum.

Hypocrisy. TOTAL hypocrisy. "You can say whatever you want and have any opinion you want.... just not the one I think is negative, and not until I want you to say it!" lol

There you are again trying to control what someone says and when they can say it.

If someone is discussing something here and I want to respond, I WILL. And if they continue the conversation and I feel like responding, I WILL.

You have no say so in it.

Let the films at least get reviewed so we all can figure out what potential reality could be. Then at least we have a chance for determining if the final package is horrible or not.

There you are again trying to control what someone says and when they can say it.

So we're not allowed to have an opinion on a movie prior to it coming out? GTFOOH.

If that upsets you somehow, I... I don't know what to tell you. Maybe you should let whoever it is I'm talking with decide for themselves if it bothers THEM. I mean... why do you care so much about my discussion with someone else?

You attempted to tell a number of stories about me here that was you going off for the sake of demanding to be right. And made it out like it is all me.

You mean where I exposed you for being a hypocrite and a manipulator? Your words speak for themselves, dude. All I'm doing is pointing at the obvious.

Yet there are clear examples when you have done this to others.

These are the statements manipulators use, with no actual examples, of course, simply to make others believe they are right. And because I can't defend myself against something that isn't actually stated, it makes a powerful weapon. When in reality it's just BS.

They can speak for themselves. But like others have stated already, this is not your first overblown ego rodeo.

And then a personal shot. You're really good at this!

I wasn't telling anyone to just 'let it go', that was YOU.
That was after you kept repeating the same chant about 'manipulator' with an agenda to defend this new movie.

So even after you said a number of times the same attack points (manipulator, pushing an agenda), I asked you to let it go so we got back to the movie. If I was being childish like your attempts at digs (must be someone's birthday; am I allowed to say something negative), it would have been the opposite. So put the request in perspective.

No Nick, you were trying to silence me from showing what a hypocrite and a manipulator you are.

You said:

What is it though with folks that SO want this to be a bomb? It's like your greatest wish come true. Because it is produced by Fox? Blame Marvel decisions of the past for that situation.
and someone asked why YOU were such a cheerleader for the movie.

You got offended - you didn't like that discussion and demanded that I 'let it go'.

In other words, Nick was free to say what he wanted, but wanted no one else to have that same freedom.

Manipulation. Control. Hypocrisy.

I wasn't judging and calling anyone negative, that was YOU.

Wrong. I made a statement that it felt like a number of folks strongly desired this movie to fail before it even hit the market. But once you kept it going, it was clear you were just being negative because it wasn't your legacy Fantastic Four. Heck, this sounds like it wasn't ANYONE'S Fantastic Four once the film finally came out.

Better to keep the story straight.

I've discussed it as much as you or anyone else has and regardless of my VIEWPOINT and how it may differ from YOURS, I'll STATE it and there is NOTHING you can do to change that. My opinion is worth no more or less than yours or anyone else's. Just because YOU perceive it as negative and do all you can to CONVINCE OTHERS of it, doesn't make it TRUE.

I was simply discussing things, it was YOU who tried to think you had the power to moderate and tell people what they could and couldn't say because it didn't follow YOUR 'legacy comic book path' or whatever that is.

Right. It wasn't because you were sounding like a broken record after a while this movie was a dog before all the details came together.

Judgement. Opinion. I'm free to state whatever I wish, the same as anyone else. Do you sound like a broken record to yourself? You continually repeated your cheerleading for this movie. Did that get old for some people?

Oh that's right, with THAT I'm supposed to 'let it go'. lol Hypocrisy.

This time, it ended up being a flop. Other productions people have tried that with are turning out to be much better than they expected (Batman vs. Superman, Suicide Squad, Deadpool).

Wait, are you judging those movies before they've been released? I thought that was a no no?

It was luck of the draw Fox messed this up in the end. That's the only reason the repeated negative statements turned out right this time. That still doesn't make it a sensible approach.

Luck of the draw??? Man, you really ARE angry about this. lol It's just a movie dude!

And no, it wasn't luck of the draw... it was pre-determined by a series of events that have proven over time to lead to a bad movie.

What really gets me is after all the respect we comic geeks finally have gotten after all these years that a movie comes along like this, and thrashes our reputation!

It`s really bad folks.

If you thought Green Lantern or Batman and Robin was bad, than you haven`t seen nothing bad,until you experienced this FF reboot.

Also I believe it`s not Fox`s fault.

I believe it is Trank who is to blame.

At least Fox gave us the widely critical acclaimed Planet of the Apes reboot, and for the most part enjoyable X-Men movies.

I blame this FF abomination on Trank.

There is a reason he got fired off the Star Wars movie.

Pipe down geek!

:foryou:

We`ll see who will be doing the piping down when you send me some Paypal for our bets about the 100 million domestic threshold. :baiting:

:)

Sharing opinion's with other people who are sharing opinion's is a part of communication on a forum, Nick. Not everyone is going to agree with each other. It doesn't make anyone wrong or right, it's just opinion's. If everyone had the same opinion, it would be boring. I'm all for people having a different point of view, that's one of the reasons I enjoy CC's posts because I know his point of view will differ from mine and he makes a great contrasting sound board.

It very much is okay to have differing opinions. There is no issue there. But you stating the same negative message before we had even gotten to the point anyone had seen this movie isn't being a great researcher or an amazing visionary. It's banging the same old drum.

Let the films at least get reviewed so we all can figure out what potential reality could be. Then at least we have a chance for determining if the final package is horrible or not.

If that upsets you somehow, I... I don't know what to tell you. Maybe you should let whoever it is I'm talking with decide for themselves if it bothers THEM. I mean... why do you care so much about my discussion with someone else?

You attempted to tell a number of stories about me here that was you going off for the sake of demanding to be right. And made it out like it is all me. Yet there are clear examples when you have done this to others.

They can speak for themselves. But like others have stated already, this is not your first overblown ego rodeo.

I wasn't telling anyone to just 'let it go', that was YOU.
That was after you kept repeating the same chant about 'manipulator' with an agenda to defend this new movie.

So even after you said a number of times the same attack points (manipulator, pushing an agenda), I asked you to let it go so we got back to the movie. If I was being childish like your attempts at digs (must be someone's birthday; am I allowed to say something negative), it would have been the opposite. So put the request in perspective.

I wasn't judging and calling anyone negative, that was YOU.

Wrong. I made a statement that it felt like a number of folks strongly desired this movie to fail before it even hit the market. But once you kept it going, it was clear you were just being negative because it wasn't your legacy Fantastic Four. Heck, this sounds like it wasn't ANYONE'S Fantastic Four once the film finally came out.

Better to keep the story straight.

I was simply discussing things, it was YOU who tried to think you had the power to moderate and tell people what they could and couldn't say because it didn't follow YOUR 'legacy comic book path' or whatever that is.

Right. It wasn't because you were sounding like a broken record after a while this movie was a dog before all the details came together. This time, it ended up being a flop. Other productions people have tried that with are turning out to be much better than they expected (Batman vs. Superman, Suicide Squad, Deadpool).

It was luck of the draw Fox messed this up in the end. That's the only reason the repeated negative statements turned out right this time. That still doesn't make it a sensible approach.

honestly, "luck of the draw?" even after the guy on AICN, who had obviously seen FF and destroyed it, you defended the movie by attacking him. let it go, you defended this piece of krap when it was becoming increasingly obvious all signs pointed to the debacle it ended up being.

Just find a board nemesis and then have at it.

I choose Skypinkblu. She's seems like the perfect nemesis, with her blue font, and her cheery attitude.

What do I do next?