• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Artists charging at cons

145 posts in this topic

A lot do and a lot don't, and they're not Lways consistent. So you should probably be specifix

I'm more surprised people pay it.

And to think that, years ago, I thought Gary Friedrich's $2 fee was high...

Last time I had 10 for Neal I would have happily paid $10 per sig. But at $30 per it was only worth it for me to get two (both should grade out to 9.8). So everyone loses, as I get less comics signed (most of which I would have kept), he makes less money, his reputation takes a hit, and I obviously wouldn't buy anything from him given the $30 per sig. But on the other hand, he saved the time it would have taken to sign 8 more comics for $40. And since there was no one in line in front of me, and no one in line behind me, and he had a huge booth in the middle of the floor so every one can see his empty booth...I'm sure it was worth it for him to try to squeeze every last penny and save the time.

ON an unrelated note, I was excited to show him I wearing a Superman tshirt with his artwork, and all he said was "Wish I would have been paid for that." I was hoping to take a pic with him, but....not as much anymore.

Michael Golden was $3 for CGC, and the first x# (3?) free otherwise.

Michael Golden was $3 for CGC, and the first x# (3?) free otherwise.

That's a big shock--I thought he'd be the most expensive of her clients.

there's a chance the price is MORE if the agent is there, as she needs to get paid as well. But I caught him on an agentless day.

I'd say by and large most creators don't charge more than $10 per, with many (most?) of them still free most of the time (it varies). The rates really do change from con to con, with occasional variation for CGC SS, so if you have specific interest for a specific con, you should pm someone facilitating CGC SS at that con, or look on the creator website, or email the creator directly and ask.

Also know that free can mean long as effffff lines sometimes....

I get how it can vary--it's about making up table costs & other fees.

I love cons, but the prices have gotten out of hand.

I asked about his art prices in the OA forum, but does anyone know if Phil Ortiz generally signs books for free that aren't purchased from his table?

My bigger shock was Tony Moore, charging $20 -- while Robert Kirkman, to the best of my knowledge is still $10.

Tony turned down $450 for 5 minutes of work this weekend.

$10 was my limit. Not a dollar more.

I'll invest that with Kirkman instead (happily)

My bigger shock was Tony Moore, charging $20 -- while Robert Kirkman, to the best of my knowledge is still $10.

You'd think they'd make an exception for bulk like that.

arthur suyadam.

He'll swipe 3 tables first though.

It's worse...I heard he's actually started charging people IN TABLES

pg5dh.jpg

Yeah, I had 200 books for him but couldn't justify the $20 given that Robert is the more desired signature. You can thank a fellow boardie for his increase. ;)

Yeah, I had 200 books for him but couldn't justify the $20 given that Robert is the more desired signature. You can thank a fellow boardie for his increase. ;)

Fellow boardie or fellow EX-Boardie....? :think: