• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you could have any OA page what would you choose?

87 posts in this topic

For me, it's the cover of the issue that got me into comics back in 1983 and changed my life forever: :cloud9:

photo PaulSmithUncannyX-Men172CoverMasterredacted-1.jpg

But, since I already own it, next in line would be: 1. Daredevil #181 cover (Miller/Janson), 2. Conan #24 cover (Barry Smith), 3. X-Men #94 cover (Kane/Cockrum), 4. ASM #122 cover (Romita Sr.)

Swamp Thing #1, 4, or 5 cover

A Frazetta or Craig EC cover

Antonio Prohias Spy vs Spy

Krazy Kat sunday page

I've seen those Krazy Kat pages that have been popping up on Heritage. Those are truly incredible (but way, way out of my price range).

If I had to pick my favorite piece that I own right now it would be:

1 a) Classic arc and a unforgettable cover so this is special to me:

Thor387Cover-Frenz_zpstolglkcp.jpg

1 b) Another modern day classic arc. Reis is a A lister as far as I'm concerned and will go down as one of the greatest [he should work for Marvel] to come up in the last 20-30 years. A breathtaking DPS splash that is a beauty to behold in person:

Reis-BN2_zpsykrwpsbd.jpg

The splash page from Invaders 5:

invaders5-splash.gif

It's one of two favorite comics I owned as a kid which made me a Marvel fan (the other is Avengers 104 -- also drawn by Buckler!). I originally bought both of them as coverless copies, so the splashes mean a lot more to me than the covers, and I think the Invaders splash is the more dynamic of the two.

If anybody has it, or knows where it is (if it still exists at all), please let me know!

The splash page from Invaders 5:

invaders5-splash.gif

It's one of two favorite comics I owned as a kid which made me a Marvel fan (the other is Avengers 104 -- also drawn by Buckler!). I originally bought both of them as coverless copies, so the splashes mean a lot more to me than the covers, and I think the Invaders splash is the more dynamic of the two.

If anybody has it, or knows where it is (if it still exists at all), please let me know!

Nice! I love the Invaders run. :applause:

I've always loved this Daredevil cover:

4197336-dd44vf8m101.jpg

And for something a little more modern, this Buscema Avengers cover has terrific composition. So much movement... Every character is doing something. It's not posed.

22929-2128-25575-1-avengers-the.jpg