• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Movies you wish had a sequel/prequel?

96 posts in this topic

Lets see

Transformers The Movie (1986) - Sequel

Blues Brother - Sequel w/Jack Black

Porridge - sequel w/Kate Beckinsale and Melissa McCarthy

Flight of the Navigator - Sequel

Trading Places - Sequel

The Monster Squad - Sequel vs slashers or famous aliens

Spice World - Sequel called Old Spice

Quatermass - prequel

I'd love to see a Snake Plisken Origin story and what made Manhattan gradually evolve to a prison...

So yeah my vote is Escape From NY Prequel

I would love to see this movie!

Would much prefer to see the planned sequel 'Escape From Earth' sadly nothing came of it. :(

Movies I wish had a sequel or prequel:

Assault on Precinct 13 (original)-immediate sequel would have been cool.

The Last Detail-Prequel or sequel

Chinatown-Prequel......what happened when Jake was on the force.

The Funhouse-Prequel

Bullitt-Sequel(s)........could've been Dirty Harry before Dirty Harry.

Movies I wish DIDN'T have a sequel:

Halloween

Jaws

The Last Picture Show

Poltergeist

I am trying picture a near 70 year old Shadoe Stevens in Traxx 2. It would not be the same without him, or cookies named Puppy Swirls, so they could not recast that roll.
Any movie that opens with a hostage situation at a pet store and has Robert Davi as the bad guy, is an A+ in my book. lol

Stevens is in on the joke the whole way through, where Chuck Norris would have played the whole thing serious, like he did during all nine seasons of Walker, Texas Ranger.

I am trying picture a near 70 year old Shadoe Stevens in Traxx 2. It would not be the same without him, or cookies named Puppy Swirls, so they could not recast that roll.
Any movie that opens with a hostage situation at a pet store and has Robert Davi as the bad guy, is an A+ in my book. lol

Stevens is in on the joke the whole way through, where Chuck Norris would have played the whole thing serious, like he did during all nine seasons of Walker, Texas Ranger.

Agreed. You have excellent taste in movies.

Agreed. You have excellent taste in movies.

After all these years, I still can't look at bicyclists that hog the road the same after Traxx. lol

Quote of the day:

"Uh-uhhh. Antelope ain't got no voicebox". :roflmao:

Galaxy Quest!

doh!

I didn't even think of that one. And I found it to be a really funny movie. And what a missed sequel opportunity.

Just finished two 23 minute documentaries of a 10 year retrospective on the making of it (loads of features on the Deluxe Edition dvd with the whole cast right down to Justin Long and even the underrated Missi Pyle!) and I have to say yes, this one needs a follow-up. Haven't watched it in about 15 years, but I can't wait to view it again soon.

No one's mentioned The Fifth Element yet? It was basically an idea pull from Heavy Metal magazine. So, you know, the Cabbie could've had another adventure or two. Sequel or prequel, it'd be a fun universe to visit again.

+ 1

Love this movie. Funny and full of adventure and crazy characters.

You really do need to watch Luc Besson's The Extraordinary Adventures of Adele Blanc-Sec. :baiting:

Galaxy Quest!

doh!

I didn't even think of that one. And I found it to be a really funny movie. And what a missed sequel opportunity.

Just finished two 23 minute documentaries of a 10 year retrospective on the making of it (loads of features on the Deluxe Edition dvd with the whole cast right down to Justin Long and even the underrated Missi Pyle!) and I have to say yes, this one needs a follow-up. Haven't watched it in about 15 years, but I can't wait to view it again soon.

See? There ya go. That's at least two ticket on hold.

Stripes

spies like us

Golden child

Moving Violations

big trouble in little China

casablanca

Midnight madness

Ice Pirates

Robotjox

Seven

12 monkeys

Wedding crashers (courtesy of the waitress)

real genius

Howard the duck

Starman

Hot stuff

the saint

the princess bride (I don't know how or why)

ET

Krull

And my all time favorite:

Who's Harry Crumb?

(too bad John Candy is dead)

TV shows I wished they make a movie about:

Automan

Manimal

the fall guy

McGuyver

I second a lot of the other ones brought up as well like monster squad and the last starfighter.

btw, I asked my attractive young waitress to name a movie she'd like a sequel to and she said "Troy". Nevermind the fact that Troy was destroyed in the movie though perhaps she meant the Odyssey But she did follow up with wedding crashers which is a good one.