• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Movies you wish had a sequel/prequel?

96 posts in this topic

Wait, two more...

Trick R Treat

Watching this one at Halloween has become as much of a tradition as watching 'Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown'.

It totally could be a whole new set of anthology segments. (thumbs u

Exactly! Trick R Treat embraces the Halloween spirit better than any horror movie ever created. Not even the movie Halloween has much to do with the holiday itself, other than taking place on Halloween. Not to mention that Sam could easily serve as the holidays official mascot. I mean, Christmas has Santa, Easter has the bunny, but what does Halloween have?

No one's mentioned The Fifth Element yet? It was basically an idea pull from Heavy Metal magazine. So, you know, the Cabbie could've had another adventure or two. Sequel or prequel, it'd be a fun universe to visit again.

+ 1

Love this movie. Funny and full of adventure and crazy characters.

Bruce Willis was basically the same cabbie-character from the 1981 Heavy Metal movie, or was in my mind anyway. And that's what I don't get about Hollywood. Once you have all the live-action design work done, costume designs, character designs, set designs, weapons, vehicles, cities, why not tell another story or three. You've already paid for most of the heavy lifting, why not bring in another writer and go again while everything's in place?

heavy-metal-dxx.jpg

Heavy7.jpg

Moebius / Jean Giraud did a lot of design work for the film, and why it's similar to Heavy Metal.

I'd be interested in a sequel too, as long as it doesn't have Chris Tucker in it again.

I'm not even playing when I say a Billy Zane Phantom sequel.

QFT!

Also should be in the top 10 of all-time seriously underrated movies. 4.9 on IMDB and 43% on rotten tomatoes. I think camp goes over most people's heads. Costume that is true to the comic version and a hot young Catherine Zeta Jones. Yes.

:takeit:

-Terry

I'd love to see a Snake Plisken Origin story and what made Manhattan gradually evolve to a prison...

So yeah my vote is Escape From NY Prequel

I would love to see this movie!

haha.. I know, LA bombed.. But think about it...

A snake plisken comeback done proper..

Maybe w Tom Hardy at the helm

Sequel:

Indiana Jones - with or without Ford.

Another Clint Eastwood - "Dollars" movie bring in Clint again if possible.

I wouldn't mind another person_too_unaware_of_social_graces movie.

And... I have to say... Spaceballs: The Schwartz Awakens!

Riddick prequel showing his background.

The videogame, Chronicles of Riddick : Escape From Butcher Bay, was basically a prequel, showing how Riddick got his night vision.