• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the greatest single issue you've ever read?

107 posts in this topic

I have a collection of the greatest one shot stories (not part of arcs) ever... trying to find it but in the mean time these two issues from same story were the best, most impactful thing I read as a kid and they still hit me when I read them today (I dont care what retconning has happened)

Crisis7.jpg

crisis_death-of-supergirl.jpg

and I thought wow cant imagine another comic hitting so hard and then...

Crisis_on_Infinite_Earths_Vol_1_8_Canada_Variant.jpg

with

BarrySacrifice.jpg

FF 51, then.

(ASM 33 is my favorite individual issue ever, but I see your point that it is part of a 3 issue arc).

Oh, of course if quoted as single issue stories they work too. (thumbs u

One of mine would undoubtedly be FF #214, more than FF#51 for the simple reason I did not happen to read it until recently.

Man, I knew the Torch would have found a way, but I probably cried. Seeing a centenarian Reed Richards awakened from cryogenic chamber whose heart could fail any minute, trying to put together an antidote ray-gun through micro-solderings since Johnny was unable to do so… and then seeing Johnny apparently failing…

737587.jpg

I stopped DD when he left the first time but luckily heard he was returning to the character in time to pick up Born Again and Elektra Assassin off the stands :)

007uH5.jpg

ohb2Yl.jpg

5YKQ6O.jpg

0GfTTv.jpg

BFcUwo.jpg

GrcaXJ.jpg

5zxJXr.jpg

qkjwP1.jpg

pslvLE.jpg

3y8kix.jpg