• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show something that no other board member has.

71 posts in this topic

Looks like either the top left corner was sunbleached or a printing defect. Not sure what defect would have caused all of the ink, of every color, to disappear starting at an angle from the left towards top rightish (where some of the red is still evident).

MLKsale-1.jpg

That's awesome. I definitely want one of those!

Easy peazy. There have been at least two reproduction editions printed in the last few years.

Namisgr, is your copy a 1957 issue?

btw there is no date in the original (which is why CGC lists it on the slab as Fellowship Reconciliation, N/D, standing for No Date). The reprint is only distinguishable in one way, besides freshness of course.

Top Shelf 2014 reprint back cover

Martin%20reprint%20back%20marquee_zpszehuotco.jpg

Indica closeup - reprint

Top%20Shelf%20logo_zps1av9yrwm.jpg

Indica closeup - 1957

IMG_7345_zps6olltbcz.jpg

Mine was purchased many years ago, and is the 1957 edition. It would be NM but for a small tear along the top edge of the front cover near the spine.

Nothing looks erased on the cover, so I don't know, (shrug)

This is how a Novaro from the 60´s looks , you see that Star? , so either it is erased because of the water or you have a very rare novaro with a manufacture defect

IMG_20150722_232726-1.jpg

It looks like the top edge on the other copy is severely faded, since there is no black in the logo, it disappeared.