• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's your favorite issue from X-Men #94-#143?

38 posts in this topic

In terms of story, either #141 or one of the last issues of the Dark Phoenix saga. For personal preference #129 for the first appearance of my favorite female X - Men character Emma Frost, not to mention doubling as Kitty Pryde's first appearance as well. Favorite cover would have to be #131.

But I've always been a big fan of #115, with the Savage Land, Ka-Zar, Sauron & Wolverine taking the big double-page spread claw-swipe at Sauron!

:applause: Not to mention Storm lying on the shore before Sauron zaps her. :cloud9:

Yet, all time fave is the last panel of Wolverine in the sewer of #132!

The 'not so obvious' for me is #117, the flash back with the Professor and the psi war with Shadow King in Egypt. Seeing the Professor walking, and in something other than a suit and tie was interesting, not to mention him catching a young storm trying to pick his pocket.

My all time favorite is #137, the double sized climax to the Dark Phoenix saga. I read this for the first time in 2003/04, being a DC guy my whole life, it was my first taste of 'old school' Marvel. The space battle, the pacing, the internal dialogue of all the characters, knowing this could be the final battle for them, the urgency, and the emotion - it was all there!

This thread is making me want to start collecting the labs again from this run. I sold what I had last year to get the the first book on the left of my signature line. :(

The 'not so obvious' for me is #117, the flash back with the Professor and the psi war with Shadow King in Egypt. Seeing the Professor walking, and in something other than a suit and tie was interesting, not to mention him catching a young storm trying to pick his pocket.

Right, that one is also great! (thumbs u

I don’t remember which issue it is, but I recall I also loved the one where they are already captured by Magneto and "paralyzed" by some device aboard a ship, and Storm manages to free herself with a stratagem. It was also the very last X-Men story published in Italy (around 1982) before they interrupted publishing and the publisher eventually went bankrupt, so it must be an issue slightly before the Arcade and Proteus issues (which were published here in 1985, before a new pubisher restarted doing them in the late 1980s).

Favorite Arc of course "Dark Phoenix Saga" (129-137) in terms of storytelling, followed by "Days of Future Past" (141-142) and personally I enjoyed Arcade's Murderworld (123-124)

Favorite Single Issue for the Cover? - X-Men #100 Original vs New X-Men

Favorite Single Issue for the Story? - not X-Men #110 for sure, probably #137

Always felt that the Proteus story arc is underrated; issues 126 to 128.

Ditto

Always tought to be a great story and on a kids mind that was impressive!

What about your favourite panels from these run? Don't hesitate on putting pics up... ;)

regards

Always felt that the Proteus story arc is underrated; issues 126 to 128.

I've always enjoyed that arc. And starting in #125, there a subplot running about Jean's strange flashbacks that lead into the Dark Phoenix Saga.

Agree. I always felt that the DPS really began at #125.