• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bugs Bunny / Looney Tunes first appearances help
4 4

1,066 posts in this topic

:applause:

We should see more books coming up with all the people collecting the series on the boards. And those are only those I am aware: Montezuma, Baz, Toon Tumblers Paul, OtherEric, etc ...

Here are a few of mine hoping others will join :)

# 16 -

LTMM%2016_zpsw61bd1nc.jpg

# 36 -

LTMM%2036_zpszd5qwnip.jpg

# 37 -

LTMM%2037_zpsvgsksqus.jpg

We should see more books coming up with all the people collecting the series on the boards. And those are only those I am aware: Montezuma, Baz, Toon Tumblers Paul, OtherEric, etc ...

# 16 -

# 36 -

# 37 -

(thumbs u

mm

<a  href=https://c8.staticflickr.com/6/5348/9215034559_638abbbed6_z.jpg' alt='9215034559_638abbbed6_z.jpg'>IMG LOONEY TUNES & MERRIE ME LODIES # 53

mm

That's good one Marty. Petunia was a key character in the comics during that time. She has all but disappeared from any marketing in that past few decades. She did make an appearance in the recent Looney Tunes series 'The Looney Tunes Show' on the Cartoon Network tnough.

# 16 -

# 36 -

# 37 -

(thumbs u

mm

:golfclap: these are gorgeous Scrooge. I'm always looking for a high grade copy of the Halloween cover. Thanks for sharing and putting the call out to other Boardies. (thumbs u

:golfclap: these are gorgeous Scrooge. I'm always looking for a high grade copy of the Halloween cover. Thanks for sharing and putting the call out to other Boardies. (thumbs u

I'd love to see Boardies' early issues.

Meanwhile,

# 40 -

LTMM%2040_zpsyaq0sdux.jpg

# 41 -

LTMM%2041_zps8bg5pitw.jpg

# 43 -

LTMM%2043_zpsnmcylc9c.jpg

# 45 - This is either the first or second GA / AA book I've ever bought ... way back 15+ years ago.

LTMM%2045_zpsyuka9y3y.jpg

I'd love to see Boardies' early issues.

Meanwhile,

# 40 -

LTMM%2040_zpsyaq0sdux.jpg

# 41 -

LTMM%2041_zps8bg5pitw.jpg

# 43 -

LTMM%2043_zpsnmcylc9c.jpg

# 45 - This is either the first or second GA / AA book I've ever bought ... way back 15+ years ago.

LTMM%2045_zpsyuka9y3y.jpg

Scrooge, you've been holding out on me :D who knew you had a LTMM stash ?

The early issues feature some amazing covers, no.6 is a particular favorite of mine (Elmer pointing a rifle at Bugs point blank ! )but it has eluded me for years in desired grade (4.5-7.0) unrestored for years. The last one HA had I missed because I was out to dinner in an area with wacky WiFi. Some day. In the meantime great selection of covers you chose to share here. The 45 is classic, and the snow fight cover is very cool.

It's a fun run and sooo cheap in lower grades. A couple of years ago, someone listed issues individually and I was able to pick a whole batch for opening bid of $1 an issue, issues in the # 50 to # 90 range. I collect up to # 125, the first one I posted.

# 46 -

LTMM%2046_zpsi2ouljmb.jpg

# 51 -

LTMM%2051_zpsudd48s30.jpg

I have this early one in my war bonds collection.

LT20.jpg

And I have the cover proofs for #33:

LT_33_cover_proof_exterior_zps2994d7aa.jpg

LT_33_cover_proof_interior_zpsf79937fd.jpg

Really nice. I admire your war bonds books. Very interesting collecting focus.

OT for this thread, but have you compiled a list of war bond covers?

It's a fun run and sooo cheap in lower grades. A couple of years ago, someone listed issues individually and I was able to pick a whole batch for opening bid of $1 an issue, issues in the # 50 to # 90 range. I collect up to # 125, the first one I posted.

# 46 -

LTMM%2046_zpsi2ouljmb.jpg

# 51 -

LTMM%2051_zpsudd48s30.jpg

ive posted my 51 so much, I'll hold off showing it again for a while. The dynamite in the picnic basket is classic Looney Tunes.

Right, since everybody is joining the fun right now, I'll post a few that I already had scanned and shared in other threads way back when:

My first wartime comic. Not just the first Looney Tunes, but my first ever. Had it for close to 30 years now:

LTMM48_zpsa6fbd272.jpg

And a few other random issues I found floating in my bucket:

LT_139_zps81c7b5ba.jpg

LT_154_zps5541f72b.jpg

LT_146_zps693f6511.jpg