• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"First Graded" Label Designation...

40 posts in this topic

doesn't some coin grading company do that or something like it? I remember watching shopping channel I think and the guy that looks like a Kennedy family member was pushing something with a first day/first graded or something similar.

Does anyone else think that this is a good idea?

How about a special label designation for the first instance of a graded book? Just an annotation that indicates FIRST GRADED (or something like that) for that specific comic or variant.

49627459.jpg

I'd be ok I'd CGC had started a counter on each graded book.

I own

AF 15 #2102

IM 1 # 65

Hulk 1 #1201

But that cow has left the barn and with resubs it really means nothing.

Here's something they can put on the Label that would be meaningful....

Date Graded

But then they couldn't sell the secret decoder rings that only the kool kids can buy.

Be sure to drink your Ovaltine.

Here's something they can put on the Label that would be meaningful....

Date Graded

But then they couldn't sell the secret decoder rings that only the kool kids can buy.

Be sure to drink your Ovaltine.

5fjqEx4.gif

It's like those fools that post "First!" In the comments section to some article. Childish.

Or like having an entire thread dedicated to "Share your one of a kind CGC books!" right?

Theres enough people here that love showing off the first or only book to be graded... its not too much of a stretch to think that a label designation is something that people would actually want

When an idea is good:

- there will be clear benefits for those who are the target of the idea

- there will be other people who are not the target of the idea

If you only get objections from people in the second group... ignore them, and keep pushing the idea.

(thumbs u

When an idea is good:

If you only get objections from people in the second group... ignore them, and keep pushing the idea.

(thumbs u

I only see clear benefits for the sellers and CGC. Not the buyers and collectors.

Everyone who has a CGC graded book in their collection is the target demographic for this idea, right?. So, every objection from CGC collector's in this thread should not be ignored and shows this "First Graded" designation suggestion to be a bad idea. (thumbs u

When an idea is good:

(thumbs u

I only see clear benefits for the sellers and CGC. Not the buyers and collectors.

Everyone who has a CGC graded book in their collection is the target demographic for this idea, right?. So, every objection from CGC collector's in this thread should not be ignored and shows this "First Graded" designation suggestion to be a bad idea. (thumbs u

If you see the benefits for CGC and for the people who give money to CGC (sellers), then you've made the case that CGC should do it. Everyone else is irrelevant.

There are still 90%+ of collectors who don't buy slabs, don't think comics should ever be slabbed, and some actively oppose slabbing loudly. Should CGC have listened to the majority and never opened in the first place?

Whatever benefits CGC is good enough. Everyone else can keep on not benefitting CGC the way they have been all along.

The first comic ever slabbed was a copy of Walt Disney's Comics & Stories #1. That copy is pretty special, as far as I'm concerned. If collectors disagree then the book is worth exactly the same as if we didn't know it was the first copy ever slabbed. What's the harm in knowing that information for every comic, even if you don't care? More info for those who do care... no difference for those who don't.

There are still 90%+ of collectors who don't buy slabs, don't think comics should ever be slabbed, and some actively oppose slabbing loudly. Should CGC have listened to the majority and never opened in the first place?

Whatever benefits CGC is good enough. Everyone else can keep on not benefitting CGC the way they have been all along.

The first comic ever slabbed was a copy of Walt Disney's Comics & Stories #1. That copy is pretty special, as far as I'm concerned. If collectors disagree then the book is worth exactly the same as if we didn't know it was the first copy ever slabbed. What's the harm in knowing that information for every comic, even if you don't care? More info for those who do care... no difference for those who don't.

+1 :applause: