• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How is CGC possibly this busy??

175 posts in this topic

I wish they would stop onsite grading. Least the machine wouldn't be boxed up for 3 days each way not being used while its being transported.

They have multiple machines - the problem is that most of the people who run the machines are also at the onsite show.

In general, though, CGC stopping onsite shows wouldn't do jack squat for TATs. From what I've heard, CGC is setting a new record for submissions this year.

Yes granted they have extra machines but if they do 4 onsite shows a year, and it takes 6 business days of a machine being down that is 24 business days that unit loses.

For argument sake, they have 3 machines...and work about 225 business days a year (this accounts for con fridays and holidays). That means that you are effectively putting a machine out of use for 10% of its workload or 3.3% of the overall CGC workload...but that is 2 or 3 days off of each tier time. I think that's a good start.

However, all the books which are onsite graded do not have to get added to the line so the line is that much less assuming all the onsite book would get graded anyhow.

I wish they would stop onsite grading. Least the machine wouldn't be boxed up for 3 days each way not being used while its being transported.

They have multiple machines - the problem is that most of the people who run the machines are also at the onsite show.

In general, though, CGC stopping onsite shows wouldn't do jack squat for TATs. From what I've heard, CGC is setting a new record for submissions this year.

Yes granted they have extra machines but if they do 4 onsite shows a year, and it takes 6 business days of a machine being down that is 24 business days that unit loses.

For argument sake, they have 3 machines...and work about 225 business days a year (this accounts for con fridays and holidays). That means that you are effectively putting a machine out of use for 10% of its workload or 3.3% of the overall CGC workload...but that is 2 or 3 days off of each tier time. I think that's a good start.

But they're not putting a machine "out of use" during that time, though. Granted they loose some days due to shipping & setup, but for a typical onsite show (eg. WW Chicago), that machine will crank out 3k+ freshly-slabbed books over the course of a weekend. Who's to say how many of those books would have ended up in the regular submission queue if CGC stopped doing onsite grading altogether?

But they're not putting a machine "out of use" during that time, though. Granted they loose some days due to shipping & setup, but for a typical onsite show (eg. WW Chicago), that machine will crank out 3k+ freshly-slabbed books over the course of a weekend. Who's to say how many of those books would have ended up in the regular submission queue if CGC stopped doing onsite grading altogether?

Great point!

Oh I get that they are doing 3k books during onsite, most of those books are done Thursday/Friday (which would be done if the machine was still in the office) if they can do 3k books onsite why can't they at the office. I am strictly talking about books that are not done while the unit is in transit.

Now a 65 Business Day wait? This is insane. Think its time to hire some new people, stop with these Comic Cons and work weekends. At least six day work weeks and 10 to 12 hour days should be looked at. Who ever manages this should give a reason why? An explanation to this insane wait should be given and emailed or mailed to each paying member. I don't pay for the higher tiers to wait. What's the point in giving so much money if you have to wait so long. This company is making money hand over fist and is the leader in grading. They set the bar for grading. The top company shouldn't be making people wait. Amazon folks get to upgrade to a Prime membership for better deals and free two day shipping. The shipping price here is also being overpriced. CGC needs to catch up, or it's going to start losing higher tier customers.

lol

One or two or three constants remain:

Standard is still 15 days, Express is 5 and walk-through is same day.

Fourth constant: the other tiers are behind.

Fifth constant: the person_without_enough_empathying about the fourth constant.

One or two or three constants remain:

Standard is still 15 days, Express is 5 and walk-through is same day.

I've heard some folks with late times on these tiers also. Well, not walk through.

The Quality Control is in the toilet too, I just got a batch back from CGC and I'm not happy!

I'm celebrating the wife's B-day today so my rant that I'm going to post in my quality control thread will have to wait! I'm pretty upset though. The lackluster treatment of the book during encapsulation just ruined this beloved piece from a gorgeous one owner collection and the cherry on top it was a cool color variant!

Where's the friggin' Pepto!

:tonofbricks:

Almost 5 months for my economy submission. I'll be using the other company for my future submissions. This is completely unacceptable.

Next time pay for faster service :shrug:

let him use the other company, more bandwidth for the rest of us!

Almost 5 months for my economy submission. I'll be using the other company for my future submissions. This is completely unacceptable.

Next time pay for faster service :shrug:

plus I don't think they like people using economy, I had 5 straight subs through economy and every one had at least one book that had some kind of issue in the 15 books that I had in the submission form.

It's either that or that treat them differently where economy is completed at the end of the day where everyone is in a rush and more mistakes happen.

I just don't get it.