• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man 667 1:100 Dell'Otto Variant

916 posts in this topic

Hopefully the copies were submitted fast track :wishluck:

It will be interesting to see if they hit the market at the same time and still command the high price. Maybe by then I will have saved enough for a copy

It sounds like they were submitted for on-site grading. If that's the case the owners would already have their graded books in hand.

Another possibility is that they just wanted the high dollar book slabbed for their personal collection (which is what I did) and don't plan on selling. hm

-J.

I have the feeling it'll be a 2k book raw in solid condition for awhile... Especially seeing as the Seige 3 seems to have taken a bump as of late... There's a consistent number of people waiting for such a book myself included to keep prices up for a good time...

I have the feeling it'll be a 2k book raw in solid condition for awhile... Especially seeing as the Seige 3 seems to have taken a bump as of late... There's a consistent number of people waiting for such a book myself included to keep prices up for a good time...

Only five slabs have changed hands publicly in more than four years. Getting a solid looking raw copy might be the best way to go, even though they have been popping up less and less frequently as well.

-J.

So was the story/ interior any good? (shrug)

Read the regular ASM 667, it has the same interior.

I know I gave up on ASM a few years ago. I was joking about if people actually read/ like the books they are buying or just buying to have a

There's a consistent number of people waiting for such a book myself included to keep prices up for a good time...

Yup, at least six now.

image_zps0rw7mxdh.jpeg

lol

You guys work waaay too hard over here.

The book was selling for $1055 with ten seconds left, only two people were willing to bid more than that amount.

So considering all the discussion that has taken place earlier in this thread, it's pretty disingenuous and misleading to crop the auction result to mislead people into believing there are still 6 people interested in this book anywhere near the hammer price.

batmanthejokertypographybatmanthedarkknightsix1920x1080wallpaper_wwwwall321com_43.jpg

Link to result.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=262029141076&showauto=true

I say kudos to anyone having one of these, it's a four year old book and there is a lot of interest in the book at the thousand dollar level and that's incredible.

I just don't know if I believe any of the wudda cudda shudda's and we're coming up on a month with no buyer feedback..

:eek:

....and yet it is what it is.

Thank you for sharing your opinion though. (again)

And oh yes, last public sale of this book was a 9.6 slab for $1600 about a year ago. Sold in about 20 minutes. Seller obviously left some $$ on the table at that price even then.

So you're also kind of wrong. (still)

Best advice for you is to not worry about it and to not buy a copy.

If you could find one. (thumbs u

-J.

I can assure you I was not being disingenuous in any way. I cropped the screenshot to highlight the number of bidders involved in response to there being a "consistent number of people" waiting for this book. The bidding details are no secret.

No worries, I was focused on that being tied to the "keep prices up" part from the earlier guys post.

(thumbs u

Evidently neither one of you are actually familiar with the market for the book (and some of these other highly sought after ultra rare variants in general). That's okay though. You're learning. ;)

-J.

When you make assumptions like that, it calls your previous statements into question. I only pointed out the data that there were seven unique bidders on this auction. I won't venture a guess as to why there weren't more because it could be a myriad of reasons. I won't comment on the bidding itself either because I'm not entirely sure. I have an opinion but you know what that's worth.

My "assumption" is based on the content of the majority of your posts in this thread. I'm still not entirely sure what the point is either, but that auction ended nearly a month ago and is in the eBay books. I know you are irritated to no end by what people are willing to pay for the book, but nothing you say will un-do the sale (the first one in about a year). The seller is paid, so unless you are his accountant, I think it's time to move on. (thumbs u

-J.

Evidently neither one of you are actually familiar with the market for the book (and some of these other highly sought after ultra rare variants in general). That's okay though. You're learning. ;)

-J.

When you make assumptions like that, it calls your previous statements into question. I only pointed out the data that there were seven unique bidders on this auction. I won't venture a guess as to why there weren't more because it could be a myriad of reasons. I won't comment on the bidding itself either because I'm not entirely sure. I have an opinion but you know what that's worth.

My "assumption" is based on the content of the majority of your posts in this thread. I'm still not entirely sure what the point is either, but that auction ended nearly a month ago and is in the eBay books. The seller is paid, so unless you are his accountant, I think it's time to move on. (thumbs u

-J.

lol

jay you got the wrong guy, I'm over here

:hi:

FWIW...twice I walked by the CGC booth this weekend, and I saw a person submitting this book for grading. I wonder if this thread had anything to do with it. I do know the first time I saw it, Thursday during set up I giggled to myself a little.

Jim

I heard that....

:D