• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink Summer Featured auction, post 'em if you got 'em (or got blown out)

122 posts in this topic

I agree on some points and disagree on others. FF is losing some of its relevance in the modern age, but its just too much of a cornerstone in the Marvel Universe for the book to tank. So many great stories and characters that have come out of the run. Marvel's greatest viliian is synonomous with FF. I still feel it is a greatly undervalued book. It might be taking a hit in the short term because right now Movies apparently dictate the value of key books. The market is just saturated with this book right now because of the reaction to the movie. When was the last time we've seen that many FF 1s in one auction.That being said I feel those were some great deals on the FF 1s tonight.

Did you buy one?

I was at work and missed the auction. But I would have picked up the 4.0 or 5.0 at those prices without a second thought.

This auctions seemed to really highlight the vast difference between the 9.8 crowd and everyone else. Some of the prices realized for the highest graded copies blew up the roof but the rest seemed very tame with very low prices on a lot of books. Considering each book is valued at over $300 its odd to see so books go for less then $200 and a bunch sell for less then $300.

I'll keep an eye on stuff but I never really bid on stuff in these big auctions. Very very few books fall thru the cracks so it's not really worth the time.

This auctions seemed to really highlight the vast difference between the 9.8 crowd and everyone else. Some of the prices realized for the highest graded copies blew up the roof but the rest seemed very tame with very low prices on a lot of books. Considering each book is valued at over $300 its odd to see so books go for less then $200 and a bunch sell for less then $300.

:gossip: Stuff always manages to fall through the cracks to some degree.

I'll keep an eye on stuff but I never really bid on stuff in these big auctions. Very very few books fall thru the cracks so it's not really worth the time.

Even the stuff that "falls thru the cracks" is usually only 10-15% under GPA which is not low enough to really be worth the effort unless you think the book is undervalued and due to go up.

Even the stuff that "falls thru the cracks" is usually only 10-15% under GPA which is not low enough to really be worth the effort unless you think the book is undervalued and due to go up.

Not everyone buys for resale.

I think I'm done with CLink and selling. I've only ever had 1 or 2 books that went above GPA. That's the range from GA-SA-Modern. It's been a pattern of getting 10-25% less than GPA for books. Thanks, but I can do that on my own on Ebay and get much closer to GPA or better.

^^

^^

Agree with that the only one I won was 200 over last GPA.

I think I'm done with CLink and selling. I've only ever had 1 or 2 books that went above GPA. That's the range from GA-SA-Modern. It's been a pattern of getting 10-25% less than GPA for books. Thanks, but I can do that on my own on Ebay and get much closer to GPA or better.

I was actually thinking the exact same thing. I've got 8 or 9 books set to be auctioned off this September and I'm debating getting them all back. It seems like CLink is a great place to sell the ultra high grade books (highest graded) but the rest seem to fight to come close to GPA average let alone highs. You would think with the large number of buyers drawn by the high grade auctions they would have no problem beating the prices realized on E-Bay. Not the case in most auctions.

I was actually thinking the exact same thing. I've got 8 or 9 books set to be auctioned off this September and I'm debating getting them all back. It seems like CLink is a great place to sell the ultra high grade books (highest graded) but the rest seem to fight to come close to GPA average let alone highs. You would think with the large number of buyers drawn by the high grade auctions they would have no problem beating the prices realized on E-Bay. Not the case in most auctions.

Don't eBay's new fees amount to something like 15% now, though?

And with Heritage you are basically leaving the bidder premium on the table even if you are not paying a seller premium.

I think each venue has it's pluses and minuses.

It's funny. Some people are complaining that books are going cheap, some are complaining they're not going cheap enough and some, well some are complaining about both at the same time. lol

Books are too expensive for a flip but too cheap to sell . . so who wins? I'd say the collectors and ComicLink and probably the ultra high grade / rare book sellers.

Don't eBay's new fees amount to something like 15% now, though?

And with Heritage you are basically leaving the bidder premium on the table even if you are not paying a seller premium.

I think each venue has it's pluses and minuses.

I pay about 12% to e-bay right now and I could get it down to about 10% if I could just ship out books within a day. I love the fact that ComicLink advances you about 50% of the anticipated price of your books but I've only had 1 book out of 20 beat GPA averages. And these include books like JO 134 CGC 9.2 and IF 14 CGC 9.8.

With respect to GPA, hitting the average seems a reasonable expectation on widely traded books with a lot of copies available.

But with GA books or books from other eras that have low census counts, it's worth bearing in mind that whoever set the GPA high as a buyer probably won't participate in the next auction because he now has a copy of the book. If the third highest bidder on an auction that set a GPA high was bidding well below what the two high bidders were bidding, then in the next auction of a similar book, the price can come in well below GPA