• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink Summer Featured auction, post 'em if you got 'em (or got blown out)

122 posts in this topic

Anyone else having difficulty logging on to ComicLink?

Yeah, it seems to be down. Let's hope they straighten it out before tonight. :wishluck:

They better. It sucks that its down now when people would be putting in bids when they get to work but tonight is critical.

Anyone else having difficulty logging on to ComicLink?

Yeah, it seems to be down. Let's hope they straighten it out before tonight. :wishluck:

They better. It sucks that its down now when people would be putting in bids when they get to work but tonight is critical.

I can't get it to come up at all, let alone log in. If they're doing some maintenance this is as good a time as any. I had no trouble last night, and am hoping to bid tonight so hopefully they'll get it back online. :wishluck:

Anyone else like looking for data from these auctions? I know its not an exact science since every book is different but I thought the results of the two DC Presents 26 SS CGC 9.8 was strange. A Perez signed copy went for $800 where as Wolfman & Starlin went for $1,000. I'd have thought these two would be close but maybe the slight wrap difference made the $200 difference?

So many copies of FF #1's in practically all grades. Is everyone selling because the movie sucked? hm

Whats the old saying? When there's blood in the streets, buy property.

Certainly is. Might be a good time to buy a copy.

eh - that property is now a crack den, buyer beware. I know it is comic "royalty" and all, but it just continues to unimpress younger readers at a rapid rate. This may be the book of all the SA Mega Keys that takes the proverbial "dive" first...

One man's opinion though.

+1 as well.

ComicLink needs to follow through on client requests. I stopped bidding on the Tec 45 (last bid was 6K) as my inquiry went unanswered.

+1. In the past I've requested a back cover scan at least 2-3 days in advance, and they never put it up so I just did not bid.

ComicLink needs to follow through on client requests. I stopped bidding on the Tec 45 (last bid was 6K) as my inquiry went unanswered.

+1. In the past I've requested a back cover scan at least 2-3 days in advance, and they never put it up so I just did not bid.

I don't think they ever put a bc scan in an auction listing (at least, I can't remember them doing so). They do e-mail them to people who ask, but I think this may be a low enough priority that some requests go unfilled.

Edited to add: I think they should make sending out bc scans to people who request them a higher priority, even if they aren't willing to spend the dough for the software upgrade needed to display them in the listings.

They advertise themselves as selling high grade copies of key books at one time or another. So they can sell a copy of Action 1 but they cannot provide a back cover scan? Imagine how much higher the bidding would have gone has people been able to see what they were prospectively buying ?

However, whenever I've called they have helped and provided the information I required. It is a shame though that something as simple as a back cover scan isn't the norm for a company that handles some high quality items.

Heritage Auctions could include back cover scans as well.

There it's a matter of choice; they usually do include the bc scan on the high-dollar books. CLink is apparently constrained by their software.

image_zpslwpyjixp.jpg

Great pickup!

just realized that it's my old copy. She's come back

Sweet.

On a side note I was going to pick up a couple of mid grade Hulk 181's and have been blown out already. Aggressive bidding on some items.