• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

San Francisco Comic Con - September 2-4, 2016! Zeck, Jusko, Portacio!

169 posts in this topic

We're pretty much sold out of exhibitor space for the San Francisco Comic Con! We're keeping the small amount of space that we still have open, for comic dealers only, so if you're interested in setting up please let us know ASAP!

It will also sell out of passes online, well in advance of the show.

that's what the Woz said about Silicon Valley Comic Con, and I didn't believe it! And they actually didn't sell out til the day of the show. So I got my tix for half price on Craigslist the day before the con.

BUT with that said, I actually believe you, as SF is desperately aching for a comic convention and always looking for an opportunity to breakout the costume leathers....

I'm very impressed with the comic lineup so far. Good luck!

Due to the brisk sales, the website has updated to indicate there will no longer be a cash/credit on-site box office. Sales are now limited to online pre-orders only.

Due to the brisk sales, the website has updated to indicate there will no longer be a cash/credit on-site box office. Sales are now limited to online pre-orders only.

I noticed that when I got my Sunday ticket. I am locked in now. LOCKED IN!!!!!!!!! :sumo::blush:

Some recent San Francisco Comic Con guest additions!

Paolo Rivera

Paolo-Rivera-240.jpg

Erik Larsen

Erik-Larsen-240.jpg

Arik Roper

Arik-Roper-240.jpg

Chor Boogie

Chor-Boogie-240.jpg

Also, the official convention poster for 2016! Created by guest artist Julian Tedesco!

SF_ComicCon_2016-poster-small_zpsfzzqoc92.jpg

Does anybody know which dealers will be selling books here??

Terry's Comics will be there.

http://www.terryscomics.com/Catalog_2016/page_02.pdf

Baltimore Comic Con takes place the same weekend.

i want to do this con but booked Baltimore last year :cry:

Dang, man i was hoping you would be making your way here, i live 30 min out of the city now, maybe next year?

Does anybody know which dealers will be selling books here??

Terry's Comics will be there.

http://www.terryscomics.com/Catalog_2016/page_02.pdf

Baltimore Comic Con takes place the same weekend.

i want to do this con but booked Baltimore last year :cry:

Dang, man i was hoping you would be making your way here, i live 30 min out of the city now, maybe next year?

It really ticks me off when two cons are scheduled for the same time. How does that even happen? It's like:

Brian Peets, owner of A-1 Comics and retired NFL player will be there. I just saw him less than one hour ago.

Yeah, I figured Brian would be there. He was at every Wondercon (San Francisco) I went to and was always a welcome addition.

I just purchased my three-day pass. I live within walking distance of downtown San Francisco and am a native born San Franciscan. For out of towners, I recommend against driving into San Francisco. Many streets are either one way or buses only. Your GPS will likely give incorrect directions. Use the mobile app Waze instead. There are no private cars allowed on Market from 3rd Street through 8th Street. Convention will take place at the the San Francisco Marriott Marquis located at 4th Street and Mission.

Can we purchase autograph and photo op tickets ahead of time or wait until guest arrives?

I have very high expectations, since I attended SDCC for 25 straight years and was a long time attendee of Wonder Con.

Hopefully, will meet many boardies at the con.

How is this con in comparison to NYCC or Wizard World?

I am thinking about checking it out. Would love to get something signed by Krysten Ritter

Im moving from Philadelphia to Santa Clara..and never even been on the west coast.So i dont know much at all lol

Thanks!

How is this con in comparison to NYCC or Wizard World?

I am thinking about checking it out. Would love to get something signed by Krysten Ritter

Im moving from Philadelphia to Santa Clara..and never even been on the west coast.So i dont know much at all lol

Thanks!

This is the first year of this convention. Baltimore has a convention on the same weekend, so some big dealers like GAtor will not be here.

SDCC is the largest con, with NYCC second, but has more attendance. Wizard Chicago is third in attendance. I have attended SDCC 25 times, NYCC five times, and Wizard Chicago once. Will attend NYCC and Wizard Chicago this year. I can get into SDCC, but will not go. As Yogi Berra would have said, "Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."

Unless there are dozens of popular culture panels and exclusives, the attendance will not be close to the super large conventions. But since there has not been a convention in San Francisco since Wonder Con left in 2012, who knows? Wonder Con attendance in 2011 was 49,500, which as held at Moscone Center.