• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

San Francisco Comic Con - September 2-4, 2016! Zeck, Jusko, Portacio!

169 posts in this topic

Paolo Rivera's sketch commission list just opened up. I requested a watercolor of Jubilee ... took a while to find an X-character he hadn't done yet :Phttps://paolorivera.blogspot.com/2016/08/sfcc-commission-list.html

CGC ss?

I'm actually not much of a sketch cover fan, so I'm getting it on Bristol board. :) If you're interested in S/S, though, he charges $50 extra ...

We're just a week away from the San Francisco Comic Con!

There have been some guest list changes since last I updated this thread.

Jason Momoa cancelled, but we replaced him with...

Ian McDiarmid

Ian-McDiarmid-360-1.jpg

Also, added a Golden Age artist...

Jack Katz

Jack-Katz-240.jpg

I was there...and left within 45 minutes. I would kill to go to a comic convention and have there be actual comic dealers there for once. Yes, there were a few but just that...a few. Always nice to talk with Mike Zeck though.

Sheesh. That doesn't bode well for me-- I got a three-day pass! Had to go to work tonight so couldn't make Friday, but since my interest is (obviously) in comic dealers, I'm not looking forward to tomorrow or Sunday ... I will be picking up a few pieces from Paolo Rivera, J. Totino Tedesco and Mike Mayhew, though, so that's a bright spot.

Could be I just pop in and pop out on Saturday, with nary a thing to do on Sunday. I was hoping to get a photo with Krysten Ritter, but she had surgery, so ... she won't be there either. :/

I was there...and left within 45 minutes. I would kill to go to a comic convention and have there be actual comic dealers there for once. Yes, there were a few but just that...a few. Always nice to talk with Mike Zeck though.

Looks like having it the same weekend as Baltimore might not have been the greatest idea.

Looks like having it the same weekend as Baltimore might not have been the greatest idea.

even a few of the local guys who set up at everything didn't have a booth: Heroes, Comic Collectors Shop. Don't know why. Harley had a small booth, Terry's Comics, A-1, House of Comics, Bunky Brian, Ray Storch were there. Maybe another half dozen comic booths. Show would have definitely benefited from more comic dealers. I did get a nice Savage Dragon page from Erik Larsen.

I didn't even see Harley. The only guy there who had some things I was interested in didn't seem to want to give me the time of day. I know I look young and am covered in tattoos but I had $20k in cash in my pocket. Never underestimate your potential customers...I know I don't.

Plus the guy claimed to own a book that is right here secure in my vault...a very specific book.

Harley's nephew, Jason, ran Harley's booth, while Harley ran a booth in Toronto. Hung around with Primetime and enjoyed myself. Also met KoR, when he had a short break from running the show. Got a nice painted prelim from Mike Mayhew and comic book that my buddy wanted at a steep discount.