• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

San Francisco Comic Con - September 2-4, 2016! Zeck, Jusko, Portacio!

169 posts in this topic

Another piece of artwork which will grace the San Francisco Comic Con program booklet! It only made sense as Krysten Ritter will be in attendance. :cool: It was painted by guest artist Paolo Rivera.

tumblr_o8satqJyCc1u8srvqo1_1280.jpg

Id happily pay someone attending for this to get signed by ritter for me! Its just the cover of the program book right? Any takers?

How is this con in comparison to NYCC or Wizard World?

I am thinking about checking it out. Would love to get something signed by Krysten Ritter

Im moving from Philadelphia to Santa Clara..and never even been on the west coast.So i dont know much at all lol

Thanks!

This is the first year of this convention. Baltimore has a convention on the same weekend, so some big dealers like GAtor will not be here.

SDCC is the largest con, with NYCC second, but has more attendance. Wizard Chicago is third in attendance. I have attended SDCC 25 times, NYCC five times, and Wizard Chicago once. Will attend NYCC and Wizard Chicago this year. I can get into SDCC, but will not go. As Yogi Berra would have said, "Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."

Unless there are dozens of popular culture panels and exclusives, the attendance will not be close to the super large conventions. But since there has not been a convention in San Francisco since Wonder Con left in 2012, who knows? Wonder Con attendance in 2011 was 49,500, which as held at Moscone Center.

It's important that everyone understand the venue. We're in a hotel (a large hotel), not a convention center. We'd love to have 500k sqft of space, like we have for our Tampa and Indianapolis conventions. Unfortunately, for San Francisco we're limited to about 10% of that, at the moment. So, we're limited in how many attendees we can accommodate, how many booths we can feature, how many guests we can feature etc. We are maximizing the space of the venue though. It will be a sellout crowd.

San Francisco is an expensive place to do business and a tricky place to do business. The ticket prices are higher than we'd prefer, while on the other hand we're essentially giving booths away for free. It's an adventure.

I'm looking forward to being there in just two short months!

Another piece of artwork which will grace the San Francisco Comic Con program booklet! It only made sense as Krysten Ritter will be in attendance. :cool: It was painted by guest artist Paolo Rivera.

tumblr_o8satqJyCc1u8srvqo1_1280.jpg

Id happily pay someone attending for this to get signed by ritter for me! Its just the cover of the program book right? Any takers?

This lovely image will be on the back cover of the program. :)

Whilce Portacio's X-Men image will be the front cover.

How is this con in comparison to NYCC or Wizard World?

I am thinking about checking it out. Would love to get something signed by Krysten Ritter

Im moving from Philadelphia to Santa Clara..and never even been on the west coast.So i dont know much at all lol

Thanks!

This is the first year of this convention. Baltimore has a convention on the same weekend, so some big dealers like GAtor will not be here.

SDCC is the largest con, with NYCC second, but has more attendance. Wizard Chicago is third in attendance. I have attended SDCC 25 times, NYCC five times, and Wizard Chicago once. Will attend NYCC and Wizard Chicago this year. I can get into SDCC, but will not go. As Yogi Berra would have said, "Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."

Unless there are dozens of popular culture panels and exclusives, the attendance will not be close to the super large conventions. But since there has not been a convention in San Francisco since Wonder Con left in 2012, who knows? Wonder Con attendance in 2011 was 49,500, which as held at Moscone Center.

It's important that everyone understand the venue. We're in a hotel (a large hotel), not a convention center. We'd love to have 500k sqft of space, like we have for our Tampa and Indianapolis conventions. Unfortunately, for San Francisco we're limited to about 10% of that, at the moment. So, we're limited in how many attendees we can accommodate, how many booths we can feature, how many guests we can feature etc. We are maximizing the space of the venue though. It will be a sellout crowd.

San Francisco is an expensive place to do business and a tricky place to do business. The ticket prices are higher than we'd prefer, while on the other hand we're essentially giving booths away for free. It's an adventure.

I'm looking forward to being there in just two short months!

When do you recommend getting tickets by? I ask because I'm currently in philadelphia and I'm moving to the Santa Clara area first week of August. So at the moment this isn't a high priority for me but it would suck if when I get settled out there and decide to go it's sold out.

Cheers

Tickets sales are always the highest, the week of the convention. So, as long as you by them in advance of the event itself, you'll probably be fine.

Had a couple of cancellations (Tim Bradstreet and Steve Rude). Added a few great artists though; Gerhard, Casey Jones and Mike Mayhew. Gerhard hasn't done a convention in years, from what I'm told. So, any Cerebus fan should take this opportunity.

Gerhard-240.jpg

Casey-Jones-240.jpg

Mike-Mayhew-240.jpg

Tickets sales are always the highest, the week of the convention. So, as long as you by them in advance of the event itself, you'll probably be fine.

Had a couple of cancellations (Tim Bradstreet and Steve Rude). Added a few great artists though; Gerhard, Casey Jones and Mike Mayhew. Gerhard hasn't done a convention in years, from what I'm told. So, any Cerebus fan should take this opportunity.

Gerhard-240.jpg

Casey-Jones-240.jpg

Mike-Mayhew-240.jpg

I live 45 north of SF would love to go just not alone long drive. I did hear that you cant buy tickets there if thats true its a shame. I hate to buy 2 or 3 tickets and have them cancel. I would be stuck with the other 2 is it 100% you cant buy at the door incase i go alone.

That is true. Normally, we would sell tickets at the door but due to limited space we need to put everything we have into one method of entry. You can purchase online the day of though. We won't be closing online sales, so you can purchase on the day you set out to the convention if you want.

I want to do this show. But scheduled same weekend as Baltimore :cry:

G.A.tor if you gave me the good bud discount i would drop $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ with your :censored:

Is there going to be some nice Superhero Goldenage

woowoo.jpg

Terry's Comics and A-1 Comics owned by Brian Peets are two of the dealers showing up, so there should be plenty.

Hope to see you there.

Terry would be great. I saw him last at wonder-con wanted his Superman 1 we where 3 grand apart. I guess i would be 13k ahead by now if i spent the xtra 3. (shrug)