• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fakers on ebay

288 posts in this topic

really? 4 people don't care enough about our hobby to spend 3 minutes to report a major fraudster who makes a great living off fakes?

when we get enough reports in CG with an AF15 scam they get shut down every time.

The guy with the fake JIM 83 has tried 8 times now to list it with different usernames-we shut every one down. Ebay rep I talked to said if they get enough reports ebay automatically pulls the auction-he wouldn't give me the exact number of reports but I got the impression it was about 5.

We can stop ducoso dead in his tracks if we work as a team and are as persistent as him.

not sure why ducoso's fakes haven't been pulled-when we report comics they get pulled pretty rapidly. maybe the rules for art are different.

all I have to say is if you bid 2000 bucks on a piece of art when the person have zero feedback. you are too trusting of a person. he,s going to be real sad when he finds out it a fake. ;[

There were about 8 different bidders on that item willing to take a chance. :facepalm:

really? 4 people don't care enough about our hobby to spend 3 minutes to report a major fraudster who makes a great living off fakes?

I've been lurking for about 6 months, but just joined to say that I also reported them (seemed like a good enough time and reason to join).

I reported also, but it doesn't seem like Ebay cares. As some of you know (since you helped me with it), this guy got me with a fake Romita Spiderman sketch. I would not like seeing him continue to rip off others.

The piece looked legit to me until I received it. Too many inaccuracies led me to search his Ebay username and my heart sank as I found his reputation in question. Luckily, I got a good portion of my money back when Ebay sided with me.

I've been lurking for about 6 months, but just joined to say that I also reported them (seemed like a good enough time and reason to join).

Welcome and thank you

My story is basically the same as Dokstarr's. I've seen and shook my head at every single Shigeru Miyamoto fake sold by Ducoso these past few months, and sadly there were many.

And just to point out, the latest Miyamoto offerings by Ducoso are completely ludicrous and laughable, as the Japanese born Shigeru Miyamoto only understands and speaks a very minimal amount of English. So he would certainly never sign anything with the heartfelt caption of "Always follow your dreams"! like that.

the bottom line is ebay is too big to really care. when you sell million of dollars worth of goods daily. a lot of fakes will not be caught. and ducoso is counting on that.

something like would never take place in a comic art auction. as the item would be pulled the day it spotted. so until ebay get smart. this guy will keep passing these phony pieces off on ebay.

We've gotten 2 fraudulent books pulled in minutes just today I guess ebay leaves art alone no matter how many reports they get. Go figure.