• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fakers on ebay

288 posts in this topic

Then, well, then Doug said what he did about someone I've done business with and happen to think differently about that piece Doug mentioned, and, I have seen the provenance on that piece.

Of course it would behoove Doug to drag down ebay. Hmmm. lol

Just to be clear, I never got into the authenticity of the piece that was linked to here. What I actually said was "I would strongly recommend staying away from anything this guy is selling, Frazetta or otherwise.".

This is based both on personal experience with ivory-hunter and with reported experiences that other identified people have had with him. I can not speak to the experiences or knowledge of warhorse as I have no idea he/she is. Also, my opinion of eBay and eBay sellers never came up.

I am a known entity in this hobby/industry, with a professional reputation and track record to consider. Based on that, folks are free to take my opinion of ivory-hunter or anything else as they see fit.

Doug, I'm actually a customer of yours, many times over.

I have no issue with you but I will, and did, speak from experience.

I'm likely your age or slightly older.

I've learned many things in my experiences.

One very truism I hold faith in is - as a business owner (or celebrity) one should not get on the Internet stating personal opinion, about anything or anyone.

It never pays and generally polarized customers from you in one way or another.

It's best to stay in the background.

One very truism I hold faith in is - as a business owner (or celebrity) one should not get on the Internet stating personal opinion, about anything or anyone.

Yes, that's just where a business and celebrity wants to be. "In the background." Sorry, but I can't disagree more with this. Beyond the fact that he has every right to speak about anything he wishes, I also don't believe that it does much harm to most customers. Most don't care what a business person thinks about anything. Just that they provide good product and great service. Anyone who's immature enough to let a business owner's personal opinions affect them as you say, well, they are the one with the problem.

Yes, that's just where a business and celebrity wants to be. "In the background." Sorry, but I can't disagree more with this. Beyond the fact that he has every right to speak about anything he wishes, I also don't believe that it does much harm to most customers. Most don't care what a business person thinks about anything. Just that they provide good product and great service. Anyone who's immature enough to let a business owner's personal opinions affect them as you say, well, they are the one with the problem.

lol

You never see Anthony Snyder anywhere on the net commentarizing on things. I credit him highly for taking that position. Or just being too busy running his business to take the time!

You never see Anthony Snyder anywhere on the net commentarizing on things. I credit him highly for taking that position. Or just being too busy running his business to take the time!

Doesn't change the fact that if he decided to do so, he has every right. And I doubt many (if any) people would care what his opinions were on anything, so long as he continued to provide the quality product and service he does. Hell, how many here refuse to name people who do bad business, and say that "if they have a piece I want at a price I like, I'll still buy from them." And that's with someone who might do them dirty in BUSINESS, not just because of an opinion they held. As I said, if an opinion a business owner has is enough to affect you doing business with them, simply because you don't agree with it, as warhorse inferred, then it is you with the problem, not the business owner.

So Ivory Hunter sent me pics of 5 Frazettas for sale after he said he had only a couple. Then he sends me these pics......

FAKE

5r8q14czn

FAKE

4vw4pcic3

FAKE

ioawto685

REAL

Now this one is real!!! BUT that's the only one he wont sell. Well why did he send it to me to look at.

46dploex1

FAKE

vxr9b37cx

By the way if you dont think they are fakes you can have your pick of these for 450-900 each. If you buy more then one he will give a discount. Oh but that prelim is not for sale. BWAHHAAHAA. Only a fool would fall for this.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Watchdog

Matthew

PS I didn't wonk the images he sent them to me like that.

Doug, I'm actually a customer of yours, many times over.

I have no issue with you but I will, and did, speak from experience.

I'm likely your age or slightly older.

I've learned many things in my experiences.

Well, if you are a customer, feel free to give me a call, introduce yourself, and share your experiences with ivory-hunter with me in private. I would be happy to do the same. The "opinion" I was stating goes beyond a personal opinion BTW. It is a professional opinion, which I think is different.

I very rarely make the sort of post that I made about ivory-hunter. In fact, I would think that it is probably unique in my ~11 years on the CGC boards. I usually keep my head down and stay out of these sort of discussions because A) I am busy with ComicLink and B) I generally feel that making statements as a representative of a company (as opposed to a rando individual with no public face) requires a ton of discretion and discipline. I chose to post in this case because I felt it was a service to the community to make sure that they were aware of someone who has been taking advantage of others in the hobby for some time now (I first heard about issues with him in 2013). Again, this goes well beyond "opinion". This is factual and based on actual experience that I and others have had with this individual.

One has to wonder at the motive of someone rushing to defend someone who has been busted for their behavior many times or try to say we shouldn't talk about him.

I can only think of ONE motive for something like that.

Yep

Yes, you caught me, I am ducusco and my American styled English just got perfect. I've been using slightly off English on my ebay postings, for all these years, so I can one day get on this board only to use perfect American styled English.

Brilliant in your detective abilities, truly, brilliantly astounding.

Further, Doug, ivory hunter I've bought two published Frazetta pieces from, among other art. The guy has an incredible art collection, some I've seen, several pieces he's bought from me in the past, albeit not Frazetta.

I've also seen a letter from Frazetta jr stating the piece you just referenced, and provided a link to, as indeed being the work of his father, Frazetta sr. as I was curious about the piece he mentioned in said ad that is a color Frazetta that published.

I seen that too.

I suppose it is a fake as well.

Or, maybe I'm him and ducusco, oh, or wait, they are one in the same! Yes, that's it, and I am them, or him, rather.

What?

If I read that message a third time, I'd probably have a seizure.

Your use of the English language sucks.

Wether you are Ducusco or Ivoryhunter, I don't know.

My guess is that you are one of the two and you are mentioning the other sketchy character to further muddy the waters.

Anyone with half a brain who reads this thread would not buy anything from either seller, your postings here are a mixture of the ridiculous and disgusting.

Being a novice OA collector, I rely on and greatly appreciate the kind guidance I receive here. I have been saved a lot of heartache down the road by the fine folks here and I hope they remain vigilant.

Kav, please post some of your work or pont me to it. I would seriously love to see it. I am envious of those with the talent of drawing comic art.