• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fakers on ebay

288 posts in this topic

ducoso. will sell fakes as long as ebay keep watching with there eyes closed as they have nobody there that knows anything about comic art. and I just feel sorry for anybody that get took by this guy. as most people that buy this stuff think they see a coa and its got to be real.

as for the maroto,s clearly they are recreations. by him nice but I never been a fan of recreations. if I cant have the original, then I don't want it. but to each there own..

Edited by desertdogg2006

I don't know if "fakers" is the right term, but these are recreations not labeled as such:

Esteban Maroto Red Sonja DPS Recreation

Esteban Maroto SSOC #1 Red Sonja Splash Recreation

The original version of the second page was on eBay many years ago...was outbid on it then by a certain Adams-loving comic art dealer (Adams is the inker on the original page). :mad:

Both were originally sold by Maroto as recreation, the first one is still in his caf gallery marked as sold.

Fake Frank Brunner Howard the Duck

This is almost comical.

I know there are newbies out there who can get tricked by stuff like this. But think about it. If you know who Frank Brunner is and what he has accomplished and you have the gift of sight, how could you ever think this piece was legit? And if you know who Frank Brunner is and you still buy this piece thinking it's real? Then perhaps you deserve to get tricked.

I'm fairly certain Frank Brunner can draw a better piece than this with his foot.

Why wait for ebay to act? 5 or so reports and the item is pulled automatically. We could shut this guy down ourselves.

wow it is not even a good fake! I don't know why the family do not go after these guys. i guess someone will tell the bidder one day that he has a fake. and maybe he can do a charge back.

Cliff Meth published this picture of "ducoso."

Looks like about half the comic art collectors/dealers I know. Except for the suit. And sometimes a barely there ring of hair around the earline instead of shaved. The other half are of Asian descent, plenty of suits and hair ;)