• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should the Boards name be changed to 'Dealers Society Message Boards'?

157 posts in this topic

Dealers are but a handful on here. That come to mind: GAtor, Reece, Storms, Dale Roberts, Greenham, Flaming_Telepath, Bedrock

I consider those that attend shows ( those that actually set up ), hold inventory, have a brick and mortar shop(s) etc. : dealers.

Most everyone else is just a wannabee.

Flippers Society maybe.

It seems there's only a handful of actual pure collectors / readers here and everyone else is a flipper, dealer or wannabe. (shrug)

Which am I? I try to buy some extra comics to sell to fund my collection, which is mostly Darkhawk CGC 9.8, and sketch covers of artists I like. And I read an average of 3-5 new comics a month.

Who decides who is a 'pure' anything? and why would anyone want to put anyone else into one or more of those 'boxes'? And why would anyone even want to judge someone else that way? What benefit is there? Other than to not-so-subtly state that you think you're better than someone else because you're more of a 'pure collector'?

Flippers Society maybe.

It seems there's only a handful of actual pure collectors / readers here and everyone else is a flipper, dealer or wannabe. (shrug)

Which am I? I try to buy some extra comics to sell to fund my collection, which is mostly Darkhawk CGC 9.8, and sketch covers of artists I like. And I read an average of 3-5 new comics a month.

Who decides who is a 'pure' anything? and why would anyone want to put anyone else into one or more of those 'boxes'? And why would anyone even want to judge someone else that way? What benefit is there? Other than to not-so-subtly state that you think you're better than someone else because you're more of a 'pure collector'?

I'm not judging anyone, look at my avatar.

Flippers Society maybe.

Is your old avatar going to make a comeback? :wishluck:

Flippers Society maybe.

Is your old avatar going to make a comeback? :wishluck:

I doubt it as it reminds me too much of work :)