• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

November 2015 Heritage Signature Auction Thread
1 1

630 posts in this topic

Byrne FF #269 cover goes for $9,560. You won't find a cheaper one!

Wasn`t someone here worried about having to pay some massive amount for this?

I thought it would go much higher [but I wasn't bidding on it]. There have been some real disappointing hammer prices in this auction and this one is right up there.

Piracy 6 cover at 11K must be the steepest price-to-greatness ratio for EC covers. It was all in the color work!

I sold this cover 10 years ago for $4,400. I bought it from Russ when it was available for around $2,000 I believe. I've never been more disappointed in a piece of art than when I opened the package. It's ALL in the design and the color.

I won the Flash Gordon Union Carbide Magazine Ad Introduction Page. I had hoped to get it for less but its a prime example of Al's Flash Gordon work, done just a couple years after the King Features Flash comic.

Great example by Williamson, I had read about the ads Al did for Union Carbide but have never seen them printed.

Well, this was my first auction experience in person on the floor. I went into the HA and sat in for about 1/2 of it. Only about a dozen people on the floor with bidding cards (I was #12 and didn't see anyone register after me). Recognized a couple people from the con circuit, even if I didn't know their name except for John. People eating sandwiches and drinking coffee, it seemed casual. Checked out a collection, so I thought I would register, stay and watch to get a bit familiar on how it goes. I look forward to checking it out again sometime.

Edited by 50 Cent #II (1st)