• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Inhumans movie cancelled?

165 posts in this topic

Ah...but obvious difference.

The Inhumans are 3rd-tier characters. As with Ant-Man, If they put out a merely good movie, it will have exceeded all expectations.

With A-List characters like Batman, Spider-Man and the X-Men, you have no excuse not to take your time, spend the money and produce a great movie.

That's why BvS is such a turd, and (conversely) why Guardians of the Galaxy was such a blockbuster.

Inhumans made sense when the Marvel Comic division and the Marvel Movie division were working together. Now that they are separated, I can see why the movie division wouldn't care to push a movie about characters that very few Marvel fans (i.e. directors, actors, etc.) care about.

Marvel's attempts in the past couple of years to raise the prominence of these characters have not translated into sales like they hoped is my guess.

Let's face it, Marvel is putting all their eggs into the Avengers basket for future movies. Hopefully the new characters they are introducing will maintain the same level of excitement as the first round of characters. We know some of the original character's actors have contracts that are coming to an end.

Sorry, but GOTG pretty much blew up any requirement that comic fans actually care about the comic property at issue as GOTG had been a 4th tier title, and pretty much all the GOTG characters C and D listers, before then.

Of course, there is a limit and they simply haven't had "unknown propery" movies 2 and 3 get decimated at the box office yet. Ant Man was kind of in that boat as an unknown, but there are people who will see a movie for Paul Rudd (not many, but a few), and it did reasonably well ($500 million WW boxoffice on a $130 million budget --- I assume they at least broke even, right?)

Sheesh, I tricked my mother into taking my son based on Glenn Close being in it!

And over two hours, your mother heard 3 lines from Glenn Close, one of them being an epithet that rhymes with "rick". :roflmao:

I think this will be the first sign of the movie investment bubble starting to destabilize. There's no way the market can sustain the current ridiculous levels of investment in 1st appearances that's happening now. Once these books start tumbling, expect all the other speculative movie investments to start slowing or tumbling.

Not sure why anyone thinks this is good news, no matter what the hate level is for the Inhumans themselves.

The MCU needs the Skrulls.

Secret Invasion down the line.

That would be sweet but they kinda did a Secret Invasion-esque storyline on Winter Soldier.

Yeah, but doing it with shape changing aliens is so much better.

We still need to see:

Kang

Masters of Evil

Taskmaster

After that, who do they have? A revived Red Skull perhaps.

Agreed, I don't think Baron Zemo is enough

maybe Korvac?

With the Inhumans getting pushed back/canceled lets hope Feige and Kinberg are already making small talk of what to do with all the great Fantastic Four villains such as Annihilus, Doom, Galactus and Terrax.

something is in the works or Inhumans would never have been pushed back. My gut tells me it's the cosmic surfer and Galactus.

I mean, how cool would it be to have phase 4 start with the Herald of Galactus (be it Terrax or Surfer) show up to spoil everyone's fun?

I'd personally love to see the Avengers take on Kang.

Well marvel just went on the record today specifically saying the Inhumans aren't "dead", and they already have a -script for it.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/marvel-realizes-theyre-getting-ahead-175900941.html

So that's that for now I suppose.

-J.

String the fans along.

There's Inhumans fans?

Do speculators count.

As a long time Marvel collector and Fantastic Four fan, I’ve always liked the Inhumans. Marvel’s Greatest Comics reprints of #45-47 were among the first SA FF stories I read, but even without nostalgia the art and the story are great. Hulk King Size Special #1 is another favorite. So yeah, there’s people besides speculators who like the Inhumans.

As a long time Marvel collector and Fantastic Four fan, I’ve always liked the Inhumans. Marvel’s Greatest Comics reprints of #45-47 were among the first SA FF stories I read, but even without nostalgia the art and the story are great. Hulk King Size Special #1 is another favorite. So yeah, there’s people besides speculators who like the Inhumans.

That fight between the Thing and Black Bolt was epic. I would have loved to see an FF issue with that on the cover...

Well marvel just went on the record today specifically saying the Inhumans aren't "dead", and they already have a -script for it.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/marvel-realizes-theyre-getting-ahead-175900941.html

So that's that for now I suppose.

-J.

String the fans along.

There's Inhumans fans?

Do speculators count.

Never.

I think the Inhumans are cool for several reasons.

I've always been an automatic fan of something that is super secret or exclusive. They're basically an unknown race.

They're family and they come with all the trappings including internal feuds and struggles as well as joys and achievements.

Like the X-men the possibilities are limitless because almost any power or ability can be possessed by one of them.

The fact that they wear costumes? Why not? Jimi Hendrix wore costumes. If that's their norm it works. I'm sure our 3 piece suits and gowns look like costumes to them.

Black Bolt is awesome IMO. Highly regarded and respected, unable to speak making him even more solemn.

My intro to the Inhumans was having an older cousin tell me what happened in Inhumans 1-12 as a bed time story one night.

Black Bolt's brother betraying him? Finally, after hanging for many days in chains, Black Bolt speaks to end his silence in dismay destroying everything? Man, that is some epic stuff IMO.

I was hooked after that.

hm

lol

The MCU needs the Skrulls.

Secret Invasion down the line.

Very much so. And Super Skrull. Was thinking the same thing.

I think the Inhumans are cool for several reasons.

I've always been an automatic fan of something that is super secret or exclusive. They're basically an unknown race.

They're family and they come with all the trappings including internal feuds and struggles as well as joys and achievements.

Like the X-men the possibilities are limitless because almost any power or ability can be possessed by one of them.

The fact that they wear costumes? Why not? Jimi Hendrix wore costumes. If that's their norm it works. I'm sure our 3 piece suits and gowns look like costumes to them.

Black Bolt is awesome IMO. Highly regarded and respected, unable to speak making him even more solemn.

My intro to the Inhumans was having an older cousin tell me what happened in Inhumans 1-12 as a bed time story one night.

Black Bolt's brother betraying him? Finally, after hanging for many days in chains, Black Bolt speaks to end his silence in dismay destroying everything? Man, that is some epic stuff IMO.

I was hooked after that.

hm

lol

I like the Inhumans for many of the same reasons.

Another thing about Black Bolt, who I think is really cool:

In the '60s, when thought balloons were commonly used, not only did Black Bolt not speak, but Jack & Stan never gave Black Bolt thought balloons.

He was completely mysterious, most often communicating through Medusa, which added to her character as well.

Great stuff.