• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Thread Nobody Demanded: Buzzetta: NYCC 2015: Warning (EDIT): Some Wall Books

254 posts in this topic

I am about to head out for one last time for NYCC in order to do some last minute shopping for a couple of people.

My annual recap and reflection on the show.

As with previous years, I will be posting mostly interesting costumes and things I saw around the show. If you are looking for "wall books", you can see that anywhere else. I am pretty sure that I didn't take any pics of books except for one which I will post tonight. (Trust me, no one else has posted it so far.)

I met up with and spoke with Joey, (who is most gracious to talk to especially about things that have nothing to do with comics or these boards especially with a guy and his friend that gets up at 4am to go to work then goes to NYCC until close right after on Thursday and Friday). Hung out with Jaybuck on the other two days which was always a treat as he has a very good eye. I caught up with Roy real quick and had a nice conversation with him after I pulled a little prank/annoyance/ribbing on him but that is really is his story to tell.

I will not carrying anything of value today so if you see some guy in a maroon "Phish" t shirt, feel free to say 'hello'. I was on the lookout for a 'big book' but could not agree to a price I wanted to pay in relation to the conditions offered. I will probably pull the trigger at the next group of auctions leading into the new year. It's the last day of the show. Booyah.

I've already picked up a few cool things, one of which was only $40 and according to my friend, she had never seen me smile like this before.

So... in this thread you will see costumes... you will see some commentary and some quick stories.

Almost everything will be posted tonight though. This is the only post I will make for the next twelve hours.

As always... a tune. I actually haven't posted anything from this band in awhile. So since it's T-Shirt day...

Phish SUX!!! :banana:

lol - I have my tickets for 12/31, 1/1 and 1/2 - cannot wait.

Unlike I have to wait at the foot of the escalator even though I have a Pro Badge - What the ?

Phish SUX!!! :banana:

lol - I have my tickets for 12/31, 1/1 and 1/2 - cannot wait.

Unlike I have to wait at the foot of the escalator even though I have a Pro Badge - What the ?

I heard they once did a Halloween? Show, where they played the Beatles White Album, in order, note for note. If that's true, that is so cool.

Cool_Story_Bro.jpg

This is why all the other Hulksdaddy's don't like you. Especially the original, Hulksdaddy and Hulksdaddy4. I am almost home and will unpack and decide what is for who and then start uploading.

Cool_Story_Bro.jpg

This is why all the other Hulksdaddy's don't like you. Especially the original, Hulksdaddy and Hulksdaddy4. I am almost home and will unpack and decide what is for who and then start uploading.

:roflmao:

It's true. I'm the pariah of Hulksdaddys. :acclaim:

Kind of disappointed in how Funko ran things for this show. I have a pro badge and was never able to shop with them. What a shame. I wasn't even interested solely in the exclusives. However, even with that pro badge, I was never able to get a ticket for the opportunity to buy. Oh well. Here is giant BMF Groot.

E1859573-CB48-4DE9-A788-9737C7288842.jpg

Through the blackened skies, the Dark Knight navigates through the concrete and steel canyons of Gotham protecting his city from... WAIT incoming "Bat Text".

DA14B88D-7899-473E-AC7A-3577EE65F275.jpg