• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Finch or Fabok?

32 posts in this topic

Which artist does a better Batman, Finch or Fabok? Has the student surpassed the teacher?

Here is both of their covers from DK3, keep in mind the Finch cover is not finished.

Finch (not finished):

571.jpg

Fabok:

DKIII-JASON-FABOK-55823.jpg

Super light blue printed And then inked, how he does all of his work.

image.jpeg

What is the projected value on these covers and are they a worthwhile investment based on their name and work in the industry?

I don't have a horse in this race, but this conversation is also on the DKIII cover thread.

In that version, there is this:

I would chose Finch, but Maybe this link will help.

On that link, the voters are way more Fabok than Finch. Interesting difference.

I don't have a horse in this race, but this conversation is also on the DKIII cover thread.

Did you look at the date that poll was posted in the link provided? That was 1 year and 9 months ago.

Did you look at the date that poll was posted in the link provided? That was 1 year and 9 months ago.

True, but both polls seem to be poller opposites of each other. Is it because Fabok's art is now better than Finch's or is it because in this particular example Finch produced a better image?

True, but both polls seem to be poller opposites of each other. Is it because Fabok's art is now better than Finch's or is it because in this particular example Finch produced a better image?

Maybe it has to do with the age of the people voting, some other variable, or as you stated in this particular example Finch produced a better cover.

If I were in the market for a Fabok I too would've much rather go for one of his Justice League covers:

uOHVctzR_3108151418261.jpg1xHtYYNc_0106151625431.jpg

I also agree that he tries to leverage the book's high profile to ask for the high end of the scale. All the power to him if he's successful, but the above covers have been offered through his CAF gallery for a while now with no takers.