• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RIP Howard Greber (Eggs Ackley)

143 posts in this topic

I had a couple of nice purchases/messages with Howard here that got me back into collecting undergrounds - he even included a bunch of thoughtful extras in the final lot sale he had - thoughts go to his family and friends.

http://www.hebrewmemorialsarasota.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=3346790&fh_id=11872

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Google+ Share with Email

Howard Greber

(May 14, 1950 - October 10, 2015)

Guest Book | Sign Guest Book | Send Private Condolences

GREBER, Howard Mark, passed away on October 10, 2015 in Sarasota.

He was the owner of Greber Appraisal of Florida. Howard was born May 14, 1950 in Philadelphia, PA and lived in the area during his youth. He graduated with a degree in physics from Dickinson College in Carlisle, PA, and went on to graduate studies in astrophysics at the University of Pennsylvania. A family emergency forced him to leave his studies and take over the family’s real estate business, which he then made his career, first as a successful real estate broker in the Philadelphia area, then as a real estate appraiser in Sarasota and Manatee counties. He was also a well-known collector and dealer of baseball cards and comic books.

Howard is survived by his parents, Morris and Minnie, of Sarasota; his wife Carolyn; his daughter Amanda and son-in-law Max Rempel of Giessen, Germany; his son Philip and daughter-in-law Jessica of Bradenton; and his grandson Noah. He was pre-deceased by his brothers Alan and Glenn.

A memorial service will be held on Thursday, October 15, 11:00 a.m. at Temple Sinai, 4631 S. Lockwood Ridge Road, Sarasota.

In lieu of flowers, please honor his memory with a contribution to the American Cancer Society, the Sarcoma Foundation of America, or ORT America.

Hebrew Memorial Funeral Services, Sarasota, is serving the family.

Very sad news for me to hear this. Talked with him at times about Undergrounds. He had a vast knowledge of different prints and identifying them. My thoughts go out to his family.