• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone know or has anyone dealt with this person?

458 posts in this topic

Is any of this real?

Dan

As scary as it may sound, I think it all is! :ohnoez:

Everything except a real AF#15 2.5 for $6500. That's NOT real.

What's the serial number? I'll let you know if it's mine.

Amazingly I got a random PM from this guy to my ebay account offering an AF #15 CGC 2.5...

True story - happened yesterday.

I blocked him.

This the mystery "seller" - because sending random pms via ebay (via a listing for Spiderman and has Amazing Friends #1) - sets off every red flag in the world....

"New message from: borod-pavel (20Yellow Star)

Hi. I am selling AMAZING FANTASY #15 CGC 2.5 1962. Price $6500 (paypal). If you are interested in it reply me please."

And his details - "Based in Russian Federation, borod-pavel has been an eBay member since 30 Jun, 2015"

well what do you know you found him as well.

No, the guy is sending random ebay 'would you like to buy my book' messages to anyone with a history of selling comics.

I find the fact I get a message adds to the theory that people are mucking around in this whole thread.

It would not surprise me to find the AF #15 "seller" was a member here having a bit of mischief.

I'm also doubtful wether paypal covers transactions with the Russian Federation with the same safety as Europe or the USA.

The postal system from Australia to USSR doesn't provide satisfactory tracking.

And a scammer would know this.

If this is your "commission" seller - you are living in fantasy land. Well, you are anyway, but this just proves it.

What price did he want you to get for the book he is prostituting about for $6500?

Amazingly I got a random PM from this guy to my ebay account offering an AF #15 CGC 2.5...

I blocked him.

This the mystery "seller" - because sending random pms via ebay (via a listing for Spiderman and has Amazing Friends #1) - sets off every red flag in the world....

Hi. I am selling AMAZING FANTASY #15 CGC 2.5 1962. Price $6500 (paypal). If you are interested in it reply me please."

And his details - "Based in Russian Federation, borod-pavel has been an eBay member since 30 Jun, 2015"

No, the guy is sending random ebay 'would you like to buy my book' messages to anyone with a history of selling comics.

I find the fact I get a message adds to the theory that people are mucking around in this whole thread.

It would not surprise me to find the AF #15 "seller" was a member here having a bit of mischief.

I'm also doubtful wether paypal covers transactions with the Russian Federation with the same safety as Europe or the USA.

If this is your "commission" seller - you are living in fantasy land. Well, you are anyway, but this just proves it.

What price did he want you to get for the book he is prostituting about for $6500?

:roflmao:

Gabe, in the words of Kenny Roger, you gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away, and this part is important, know when to run.

I've heard people tell me that many times before and also not good at poker.

Do you ever listen? Or do you just pay lip service to listening?

I listen but when I don't understand things I ask questions about it.

I blocked him.

The same price mentioned above 6500 is what he wanted for the comic.

37 pages...what did I miss?

- the world has too many puppy's

Too many puppy's whats...?

Two less now :)

[Choke*sniff] Only Brock really gets me!!

I'll assume RMA is joking since he doesn't miss much!

I blocked him.

Gabe, I'm sure you've heard this before, but just in case - there is a bit scam (could be one person or multiple people) out of Germany pulling this for some time, mostly with AF15s ironically.

They insist on PayPal so as the buyer, you think everything is kosher. Then you get a box in the mail that is anything but your book (I know a guy who got cereal, another who got a magazine).

Then you have to call PayPal and sweat it out. They'll probably side with you and you'll get your money back, but it will take time and you can't be 100% sure you'll be paid back.

What I don't understand is why they keep at it. I wonder if they found a way to get PayPal to eat the loss so the buyer gets refunded and the theif keeps his stolen proceeds.....has to be some incentive if they keep doing it.

Gabe - if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is. You could most likely spend your time buying $50-200 books from boardies and selling them through various venues for 10-20% net profit. Follow this math:

If you spend $200 on something, then sell it a week later for $220 net.

You then rebuy two books for $110 each and sell for $130 each net a week later

You then buy three books at $120 each and sell for $140 each net a week later

It will take you a while to build your bankroll but once you do, you'll have well more profit in hand than looking for Hail Mary deals that don't but once-in-a-purple-moon occur.

The boardies like you and want to help. You put up with the abuse, and take it with a smile, that's probably a contributing factor.....but you should listen to what people are saying here. Lots of advice from smart guys that aren't just successful with comics....they're successful broadly.

Good luck pal. Nice Bomic!

I blocked him.

Gabe, I'm sure you've heard this before, but just in case - there is a bit scam (could be one person or multiple people) out of Germany pulling this for some time, mostly with AF15s ironically.

They insist on PayPal so as the buyer, you think everything is kosher. Then you get a box in the mail that is anything but your book (I know a guy who got cereal, another who got a magazine).

Then you have to call PayPal and sweat it out. They'll probably side with you and you'll get your money back, but it will take time and you can't be 100% sure you'll be paid back.

What I don't understand is why they keep at it. I wonder if they found a way to get PayPal to eat the loss so the buyer gets refunded and the theif keeps his stolen proceeds.....has to be some incentive if they keep doing it.

Gabe - if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is. You could most likely spend your time buying $50-200 books from boardies and selling them through various venues for 10-20% net profit. Follow this math:

It will take you a while to build your bankroll but once you do, you'll have well more profit in hand than looking for Hail Mary deals that don't but once-in-a-purple-moon occur.

The boardies like you and want to help. You put up with the abuse, and take it with a smile, that's probably a contributing factor.....but you should listen to what people are saying here. Lots of advice from smart guys that aren't just successful with comics....they're successful broadly.

Thanks and after I did some number crunching I'm made a good profit so far selling my collection and it's in my journal.

I blocked him.

Thanks and after I did some number crunching I'm made a good profit so far selling my collection and it's in my journal.

Honestly, it is like you don't even read what people post.

I blocked him.

Hmmm? I read the post above and I thanked him for it and I mentioned my journal because it relates to what was said above.

I blocked him.

Hmmm? I read the post above and I thanked him for it and I mentioned my journal because it relates to what was said above.

Hmmm, well it really is hard to understand you because your grammar is so astoundingly atrocious. Honestly, this needs to be fixed yesterday - it is way past the point of "quirky" or "endearing."

That aside, you completely ignored the part where he gave you advice (along with everyone else who has in this thread) and proceeding to proclaim more success.

:shrug:

I don't know if you are really this nieve or the greatest shill mankind has ever known, but you are certainly not thankful or appreciative of anything. In fact pretending to be so is very insulting to those who have offered advice.

I blocked him.

Hmmm, well it really is hard to understand you because your grammar is so astoundingly atrocious. Honestly, this needs to be fixed yesterday - it is way past the point of "quirky" or "endearing."

That aside, you completely ignored the part where he gave you advice (along with everyone else who has in this thread) and proceeding to proclaim more success.

:shrug:

I don't know if you are really this nieve or the greatest shill mankind has ever known, but you are certainly not thankful or appreciative of anything. In fact pretending to be so is very insulting to those who have offered advice.

Ok so my grammar isn't best but I never pretend about anything because I suck at it. I do appreciate the advice that people have and continue to give me if I wouldn't the journal wouldn't come as far as it did and I'm beginning ti take the advice that they have given me although I don't agree with everything I will follow or at least try the advice given.

You dug this one out from page two to say that? Nice work :eyeroll:

It wasn't on my page 2. :shrug:

However don't let that keep you from reading all the other tantalizing and thought provoking drill most of the other CG threads are comprised of. I apologize for making you have to click to the second page (with your settings) to see whatever post it is I bumped down.

(thumbs u

:eyeroll: