• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 1 CGC 9.6 Heritage November 2015 Auction!

172 posts in this topic

I don't know about it being a 9.6. hm

the # in the upper left corner trumps the fact it's a NM-

so much for CGC being in a tight grading period. doh!

a NM- 9.2 copy sitting in a 9.6 label :gossip:

Agree with this. As a collector it is a shame to see CGC soften up with their grading again. I blame CBCS in part.

Looks like an easy 9.4 to me. 9.6 just happened to win the coinflip is all.

Fantastic book.

I'd like to win the 6 color breaking stress mark coin flip like that.

I've slabbed 9.8s that look worse......sadly.

I don't know about it being a 9.6. hm

the # in the upper left corner trumps the fact it's a NM-

so much for CGC being in a tight grading period. doh!

a NM- 9.2 copy sitting in a 9.6 label :gossip:

Agree with this. As a collector it is a shame to see CGC soften up with their grading again. I blame CBCS in part.

Why blame them?

Who is the Chicago-area collector-dealer that owns this book? No way Brad and Andy defend this smoking turd of a 9.6 without it being a homie.

lol

The color breaks are pretty light. 9.4 is probably correct grade. Soft 9.6 for sure.

I, too, don't understand why Voldemort would be to blame?

I have no idea who owns this book but you can't expand an online scan to multiple times it's normal size and grade the book accurately. You can make a 9.8 look like a 9.0.

At the correct size (16% on my monitor when I compare physical size to another comic book) the book looks much stronger than a 9.0 and certainly not a 9.2 in a 9.6 holder. And again, grading in hand compared to a scan is a completely different animal.

I'm assuming CGC didn't count the color loss on the bottom left in the red box as a defect.

The defect in the bottom left bothers me the most.

That's what stands out the most but much like on Hulk #181 I'm guessing they ignored that defect if they considered it production. I've seen Hulk #181 in 9.8 with missing color like that. Very common on that book.

Who is the Chicago-area collector-dealer that owns this book? No way Brad and Andy defend this smoking turd of a 9.6 without it being a homie.

lol

No idea who owns it. Personally, I think it's a 9.4 in a 9.6 holder. It's a bit overgraded, but "smoking turd" seems a little harsh.

I wish I had pics of the Iron Fist 14 I subbed last year. At least a dozen color breaking spine ticks and it got 9.8. It happens. (shrug)

I have no idea who owns this book but you can't expand an online scan to multiple times it's normal size and grade the book accurately. You can make a 9.8 look like a 9.0.

At the correct size (16% on my monitor when I compare physical size to another comic book) the book looks much stronger than a 9.0 and certainly not a 9.2 in a 9.6 holder. And again, grading in hand compared to a scan is a completely different animal.

I'm assuming CGC didn't count the color loss on the bottom left in the red box as a defect.

This.

And I did the same thing as you, Roy. I tried to look at it at appx real size. It's much nicer than a 9.0.

lol

No idea who owns it. Personally, I think it's a 9.4 in a 9.6 holder. It's a bit overgraded, but "smoking turd" seems a little harsh.

I wish I had pics of the Iron Fist 14 I subbed last year. At least a dozen color breaking spine ticks and it got 9.8. It happens. (shrug)

Tight 9.2, Loose 9.4, Smoking turd 9.6