• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tec 69 Appreciation Thread

160 posts in this topic

I have been selling Joker Covers for a while on eBay. I use to horde them. I still have my Tecs 69s... I might sell one soon. It's a CGC 4.5 with off white to white pages. Never been pressed, old label.

This is they key of the joker books. I'm guessing it's the iconic cover. It's just too nice. I don't see this ever going down in value. I wouldn't sell it for cheap either, I would just rather keep them if the price isn't right.

69 gets all the love, but I think 71 is just as cool.

71 is pricey too. I just sold one on eBay for around $1800. It was a white page copy. I literally purchased it for half of that. The Tecs 69 have tripled since then.

Yup, the TEC 69's have gotten ahead of themselves, too pricey, anyone who owns one should be looking to sell.... :devil:

71 is pricey too. I just sold one on eBay for around $1800. It was a white page copy. I literally purchased it for half of that. The Tecs 69 have tripled since then.

Yup, the TEC 69's have gotten ahead of themselves, too pricey, anyone who owns one should be looking to sell.... :devil:

I agree. it went up too fast?

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fsearch.asp%3Fwhere%3Dauctions%26title%3Ddetective%2Bcomics%26x%3D3%26y%3D12%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_1097107&id=1097107

Not to derail the Tec 69 love, but this 71 is a sweet looking copy. (thumbs u

Love the date stamp.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fsearch.asp%3Fwhere%3Dauctions%26title%3Ddetective%2Bcomics%26x%3D3%26y%3D12%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_1097107&id=1097107

Not to derail the Tec 69 love, but this 71 is a sweet looking copy. (thumbs u

That copy was on eBay as of last week. I even sent the seller a question asking about the corner piece.

Guess he decided to throw it up on CLink. Oh well....

Apparent - Slight (P)

off white to white pages

Tear seals to cover, spine splits sealed to cover, cover reinforced

The book was worked on by Matt and Kenny a few years ago.

We discussed the level of work / cost vs ROI with restored books.

It was decided to push to maximum 'Slight' with an estimated grade of 4.5