• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tec 69 Appreciation Thread

160 posts in this topic

Anyone with a pic of the 9.6 ?
Last I know, Eric Roberts, the son of the billionaire owned it and he was showing it off on his website along with his other incredible books but I don't know what happened to it.

Last I know, Eric Roberts, the son of the billionaire owned it and he was showing it off on his website along with his other incredible books but I don't know what happened to it.

I wish Eric Robert's website was still up and running. He has some beautiful books.

I wish Eric Robert's website was still up and running. He has some beautiful books.

+1

Found out about him too late :( Never got a chance to visit the site.

+1

Found out about him too late :( Never got a chance to visit the site.

+2

This thread (and the multiple WTB posts) made me realize I never posted my copy on myslabbedcomics...

That has been corrected.

0312151901221.jpg

Congrats!

presents very well. Deep black and magneta. Showcases well "the" classic Joker cover.

The Batman has tec 31 and The Joker has tec 69!

Does anyone know if ER has sold his collection? I know he sold his AF #15 9.6 for $1.1M a few years ago.. first SA to hit $1M.

Very interesting history behind ER's journey as a collector of artwork, if you ever want to Google it. He was a rapid collector of original artwork. Drove prices up for OA of those funky 70s ad parody cards.

His comic collection was plain ridiculous. Top census Pedigrees of all the prime GA Tecs. Is he still collecting?...

Does anyone know if ER has sold his collection? I know he sold his AF #15 9.6 for $1.1M a few years ago.. first SA to hit $1M.

Very interesting history behind ER's journey as a collector of artwork, if you ever want to Google it. He was a rapid collector of original artwork. Drove prices up for OA of those funky 70s ad parody cards.

His comic collection was plain ridiculous. Top census Pedigrees of all the prime GA Tecs. Is he still collecting?...

as per GAtor, no to collecting and no to selling, except for a few undercopies ( of which I own one )

I sold my CGC 3.0 copy a couple of years ago and that's another sale that I regret... bought it here on the boards for $750 and then sold it about a year later. :(

I think it went across the pond.

(Might still have a picture of it somewhere)

Yep for $4400

Wow, that's a strong price.

Indeed! I was counter-offered less when I threw in my offer weeks back. Would be interesting to see if this trend continues for mid to low graded copies. I hope not yet until I get a copy lol

Yep for $4400

1250 a point for lower grade is really strong...wow.

It feels like people who are priced out of a lot of the other key early TECS 29, 28, 31, 33, 35, 36, 37, 38, 40 are looking for the next best thing, great covers.

Strong price.

Edited by Johnny545

doh!

i was too cheap and too pre occupied with other books work.

should have went for over 4k!! it was a beauty of a 4.0!! much better looking and complete compared to the 3.5 that just sold for 4400$

A sweet looking 4.0 just sold on comiclink for 3369$!

i bid 3169... should have bidded a bit more in hidnsight. oh well.

Was a very nice looking 4.0 In my opinion, no shortage in demand that's for sure.

Pretty sure a 1.8 sold for 1000 not too long ago.

doh!

I wish!!!

i was like the 4.5 just sold for 3850 buy it now and 2971$ the same

so i thought it would be a fair price at 3169 for a 4.0....

also didnt want to drive up the pricing so we can all get the copy we want.

quote=Gotham Kid]

doh!

I immediately thought it was you.

Yep for $4400

Indeed! I was counter-offered less when I threw in my offer weeks back. Would be interesting to see if this trend continues for mid to low graded copies. I hope not yet until I get a copy lol

I'm also suspect of that price as I was also offered the book for much less weeks ago when it first showed up on eBay. Clearly I wasn't the only one so I highly doubt someone paid full price. Yes, I understand that's what shows up on watchcount, etc, but still...

Yep for $4400

I'm also suspect of that price as I was also offered the book for much less weeks ago when it first showed up on eBay. Clearly I wasn't the only one so I highly doubt someone paid full price. Yes, I understand that's what shows up on watchcount, etc, but still...

eBay ... feeding "reliable" data to GPA for years. :eyeroll: