• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,432 posts in this topic

US 134 isn't censored. Both the "workers paradise" and "strangulation wire" bits are still there. INDUCKS shows that The Treasure of Marco Polo has been reprinted 4 times in the USA-- only the original and US134 aren't censored.

And the Savannah copy is gorgeous, Squeggs.

Thanks!

Sorry, I am reading this just now!

Thank you! :D

Wow, I’m not sure I understand but if you were saying that you picked two copies for me, I can have them shipped to an US address, and whatever – that is very nice of you!

I was aware of the Free Comic Book day, but did not realize these were of this year when AJD posted them. Going to PM you… (thumbs u

Il nostro amico italiano,

The first Saturday of May is designated Free Comic Book Day. The local comic book stores give out free comic books to entice youngsters into becoming regular customers.

http://www.freecomicbookday.com/Home/1/1/27/992

Lo amo l'Italia.

A proposito, ho prenotato una copia di ogni variante per voi. PM me il vostro indirizzo postale. Io li invio a voi il Mercoledì.

I migliori auguri.

Savannah copy.

The supposedly suppressed or censored story. Just looking at the info on GCD, it appears to have been reprinted several times, in censored form only once. Any one have further info? hm

lf_zps24c5c72f.jpeg

I was one of the under bidders on this; nice job! (thumbs u

I remember seeing copies of the Top Comics reprint of #71 hanging in newstands in the subways of New York in the early seventies. It was an odd site even then as you didn't see those books that often except in the used bookstores and places that sold remaindered copies.

Do any of my fellow boardies have a copy of this book in Swedish or German on Carl Barks oil paintings? I have the Another Rainbow book, but was curious about this book,"Carl Barks - Die Ölgemälde," in German. I did a search on the forums, but could not find anything.

Thanks!

http://sekvenskonst.blogspot.com/2012/03/carl-barks-paintings.html

Do any of my fellow boardies have a copy of this book in Swedish or German on Carl Barks oil paintings? I have the Another Rainbow book, but was curious about this book,"Carl Barks - Die Ölgemälde," in German. I did a search on the forums, but could not find anything.

Thanks!

http://sekvenskonst.blogspot.com/2012/03/carl-barks-paintings.html

Not sure if it is the same thing, but two volumes with the paintings were issued with the limited Barks chronology edition from ANAF in the late 1980s.

They had a limited print run and I see they currently go for about 200 Euro each. Here’s the covers (I have never seen them in person, or maybe once):

it_DDS___3.jpgit_DDS___4.jpg

I have found more information here:

http://www.seriesam.com/barks/biblioitcl.html

It appears the oil painting (well, most of them) were reproduced at their maximum size, taking advantage of the "portrait" and "landscape" formats. They are volume 3 and 4 of the series. Volume 5 should have contained 28 additional oils, but the association/publisher went out of business, and they just published a Volume 6 with Christmas themed stories.

Wow, really nice copy too. :applause:

I really like those early Four Colors. I've been looking for the right 108 for a while now.

Thanks! It was listed as a 7.0 and I agree. I'm really happy to get it and I'm going to sit down and read it in a minute. :grin: