• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,445 posts in this topic

Merry Christmas to All Duck Lovers!

This is the best thread on the board for me. I hope that we can continue to enjoy and learn from each other's posts in the coming year.

Thanks to all!

Richard Olson

I think a full fledged Disney thread would be even better, especially with the awareness that Walt’s vision is universal. (thumbs u

I just picked up a copy of Uncle Scrooge #400. I'm not usually sucked in by variant covers, but this one convinced me:

US_400_zps7b7b8d54.jpg

The main story has a conceit that Carl Barks and Uncle Scrooge had a professional (and later friends) relationship in real life. I guess it's a bit sappy, but it has some nice moments:

Scrooge_400_interior_zpsb39c055f.jpg

I like it :applause:

And how appropriate that the story behind Scrooge's first appearance was posted on this here Duck thread - on Christmas Eve.

Yes it is here. Just gone 13.00 24.December 2013.

So on that note I bid my fellow Poultry Posters the Compliments of the Season.

Let's make 2014 even bigger and better.

I like it :applause:

And how appropriate that the story behind Scrooge's first appearance was posted on this here Duck thread - on Christmas Eve.

Yes it is here. Just gone 13.00 24.December 2013.

Good point, hadn't thought of that. :grin:

I had. :acclaim:

Merry Christmas all.

reinducks.jpg

The main story has a conceit that Carl Barks and Uncle Scrooge had a professional (and later friends) relationship in real life. I guess it's a bit sappy, but it has some nice moments:

Thanks for sharing this fun page. I need to get a copy of this issue.

I pulled these out to read over the Christmas holidays. These are now my reader copies mostly bought in the early seventies out of the Buyer's Guide. Each was its own special treasure when I got it condition being less of an issue than the story. Last night I read Old Castle's Secret. Today it feels like Ancient Persia!

143725.jpg.00ecba4c8c7d9a7753e797d4efa06a21.jpg

I pulled these out to read over the Christmas holidays. These are now my reader copies mostly bought in the early seventies out of the Buyer's Guide. Each was its own special treasure when I got it condition being less of an issue than the story. Last night I read Old Castle's Secret. Today it feels like Ancient Persia!

Super-sweet! :cloud9:

It looks like Cavazzano’s Barks commemorative story, originally published in Italy in Topolino – honestly I quite dislike this kind of things (there have been a number in 1990s italian Disney stories, including the gang meeting Federico Fellini), especially when they are overdone.

That's a delicious buffet, 40Yrs. At my end, I just dug out my nephew's Danish copy of "Luck of the North" which I plan to read tonight.

Pardon the OT post, but I thought I would put in a plug for "Saving Mr. Banks." Saw it today, and I imagine that Disney fans will enjoy it. Terrific -script, well acted by Tom Hanks, Emma Thompson, Colin Farrell, and whoever the young actress is who plays P.L. Travers as a child.

Possible to pick some nits, of course, but overall it's well worth seeing.

Pardon the OT post, but I thought I would put in a plug for "Saving Mr. Banks." Saw it today, and I imagine that Disney fans will enjoy it. Terrific -script, well acted by Tom Hanks, Emma Thompson, Colin Farrell, and whoever the young actress is who plays P.L. Travers as a child.

Possible to pick some nits, of course, but overall it's well worth seeing.

Yes, I'm hearing good things and can't wait to see it along with Frozen which is also supposed to be quite good.