• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,446 posts in this topic

The "Buck Duck" cover made me laugh - great book. The "Super Duck" is just disturbing. If EC had had a Duck title, I imagine its covers would be like this.

---

Unrelated, I just got an iPhone 5S and was playing with the panorama feature today (contents of a random safety deposit box). Still have a lot to learn but this seems promising for group shots.

panorama1.jpg

The "Buck Duck" cover made me laugh - great book. The "Super Duck" is just disturbing. If EC had had a Duck title, I imagine its covers would be like this.

---

Unrelated, I just got an iPhone 5S and was playing with the panorama feature today (contents of a random safety deposit box). Still have a lot to learn but this seems promising for group shots.

panorama1.jpg

Normally I have disdain for screen stretchers - but in this case I have forgiveness in my heart. :foryou:

Wonderful, wonderful books. I do love group shots :applause:

---

panorama1.jpg

Hey TB, while others may proclaim themselves King of the Comics, I hereby nominate you King of the Duck Thread! Long live the King!

Hey TB, while others may proclaim themselves King of the Comics, I hereby nominate you King of the Duck Thread! Long live the King!

"[...] to be king

Stands not within the prospect of belief,

[...]. Say from whence

You owe this strange intelligence? or why

Upon this blasted heath you stop our way

With such prophetic greeting? Speak, I charge you."

Well, eh..., sorry, I got a little carried away by all the drama...

---

Edit: Seriously, hopefully my own enthusiasm will shine through my posts. This is all about celebrating these beautiful books and making them as accessible as possible to anyone who might enjoy them. On that note, here is another of my favorites that is surprisingly elusive in super high grade.

fc223_x3.jpg

"[...] to be king

Stands not within the prospect of belief,

[...]. Say from whence

You owe this strange intelligence? or why

Upon this blasted heath you stop our way

With such prophetic greeting? Speak, I charge you."

Well, eh..., sorry, I got a little carried away by all the drama...

---

Edit: Seriously, hopefully my own enthusiasm will shine through my posts. This is all about celebrating these beautiful books and making them as accessible as possible to anyone who might enjoy them. On that note, here is another of my favorites that is surprisingly elusive in super high grade.

fc223_x3.jpg

Another bevy of beauties! Square Eggs indeed!

MACBETH, ACT 1, SCENE 3, PAGE 4

No fair using Shakespeare to help you define your position. Just say, "I don't want to be king!" You are too nice to be a king.

You got it. Mitch, Transplant, Moondog and the other suitors should all have a serious talk with those witches.

"Fair is foul, and foul is fair: / Hover through the fog and filthy air"

----

On the subject of royalty, here's a book that I got when I was 5 years old. It's not to my credit that high grade comics exist.

jumbo8.jpg

Edited by tb

MACBETH, ACT 1, SCENE 3, PAGE 4

No fair using Shakespeare to help you define your position. Just say, "I don't want to be king!" You are too nice to be a king.

Although the duck thread is a small kingdom; more like a duc(k)hy in need of a benevolent ruler. If not TB; I fear Azure Blue and Sharkey may come along and stake a claim!