• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,432 posts in this topic

This issue (first Barks cover) is extraordinarily difficult to find in nice shape. The census still only has 2 copies above 7.5. For some reason, people appear to be submitting "first appearance" issues (88 and 98), which are valued highly in Overstreet, far more frequently than the rest. To me, that trend is so last century: #95 is an excellent example of a book that would be in even higher demand if it ever came up for sale. Sadly, it does not.

Here's four of my favorite high grade duck books:

9h037a.jpg

[...]

This is such a great cover because it is so easy to identify with. I still remember sneaking my dogs into bed as a child. Heck, over 13 years ago I had to sneak our new black lab puppy into bed with us and it has slept with us ever since.

This is such a great cover because it is so easy to identify with. I still remember sneaking my dogs into bed as a child. Heck, over 13 years ago I had to sneak our new black lab puppy into bed with us and it has slept with us ever since.

Our dog, a collie, used to sneak on the bed and take up a huge space at the foot of the bed when she slept.

The cats would try to sleep on the pillows.

The kids were happy to have their own beds when they were still preschool but the animals never changed.

3576156774_b351460e85_m.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun

So...yer sayin' it's a good'n aye? Hmmm. You know, I've had that book since early 1977. I bought it at a now defunct Des Moines, Iowa comic shop for $20. I have no idea how it stayed so nice and fresh looking after going thru about 8 moves over the years...

I don't recall ever seeing that issue!

Do you own the Gerber's? If not, you should buy them. ;)

Yes, but I mean seeing it for sale at a convention. I bought the Gerber books from Ernie himself in San Diego many years ago and discovered when I gave him my credit card he had gone to the grammar school named for my Great Grandfather. Interesting coincidence.

Ran across this ad for the SHELBY DONALD DUCK BIKE...never saw one.

12346080224_46f6edcf32.jpg

(From JOE PALOOKA COMICS #39 12/49

mm

I've never seen one either but I actually know where one is in a guy's garage in Fremont, CA. :) I'll go see it sometime, most likely.

I sold my Harley and bought one of these. Not fast but really cool. Quack! Quack!

12905706593_7f03bd44d3_o.jpg

just kidding, I only have a Suzuki.

Ran across this ad for the SHELBY DONALD DUCK BIKE...never saw one.

12346080224_46f6edcf32.jpg

(From JOE PALOOKA COMICS #39 12/49

mm

I've never seen one either but I actually know where one is in a guy's garage in Fremont, CA. :) I'll go see it sometime, most likely.

I sold my Harley and bought one of these. Not fast but really cool. Quack! Quack!

12905706593_7f03bd44d3_o.jpg

just kidding, I only have a Suzuki.

How about cruising up to San Diego Comic Con on one of those! You would fit right in and be directed to the costume ball!

Got this book from the William Norval Craig collection last year along with #1-3 (which I posted in a previous thread). I tried to get several other issues (7,8, 12, ...), but was outbid. Oh well, guess I just have to be patient.

wdcs13_wc.jpg

Got this book from the William Norval Craig collection last year along with #1-3 (which I posted in a previous thread). I tried to get several other issues (7,8, 12, ...), but was outbid. Oh well, guess I just have to be patient.

wdcs13_wc.jpg

What a great cover! :D:devil:

It is nice when the rarest of the three books is also the highest graded copy! These are such beautiful books and I am glad that you got them all from the same collection of an old-timer who bought them at Collectors Bookstore.