• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,432 posts in this topic

Just got a great deal on these 3. They're low quality, but I couldn't pass up the deal.

# 2 is missing the CF. Anyone have one?

WDC&S 2 3 &4

Congratulations! I love them all but for some reason I have always wanted a copy of number 4. (shrug)

Can you show us the interior? I have a lot of early issues which I haven't identified yet. :banana:

I think if you get on the Grand Comic Database you can identify your interiors.

Just got a great deal on these 3. They're low quality, but I couldn't pass up the deal.

WDC&S 2 3 &4

Congratulations! I love them all but for some reason I have always wanted a copy of number 4. (shrug)

Can you show us the interior? I have a lot of early issues which I haven't identified yet. :banana:

[font:Century Gothic]One picture is worth a thousand words...[/font]

WDC&S 2 3 &4

[font:Century Gothic]One picture is worth a thousand words...[/font]

OK.... you twisted my arm.

Here's #2

P1100414_zps2uyrgt1c.jpg

My favorite Mickey Mouse!

commickeymouse1_zps4c5y8x4z.jpg

And with good reason! I would SO love to have this one, even if the actual first appearance of the Blot happened on the newspapers. (thumbs u

And it actually has a connection with my post: Guido Martina, the creator of Paperinik, was also the first author to pick and re-utilize the Phantom Blot, in "The Blot's Double Mystery", an early classic that Gladstone wisely presented in USA as the very first italian story finally landing there (it’s serialized in the early issues of Mickey & Donald, I believe 6-7-8, IRRC). :)

I always thought The Blot was one of the greatest early comics ever published. I held it in the same esteem as the Tarzan SS #20, the Prince Valiant FB #26, and the Donald Duck Four Color #62, among others.

Shortly after my wife and I moved to New Orleans in 1970, we were walking in the French Quarter when I almost bumped into a comic spinner rack in front of a store because I saw a copy of The Blot in the top spot and I couldn't believe my eyes. I went inside and met Roger Nelson, one of the legendary early collectors, and we became good friends.

It would have been amazing if Gottfredson had been able to draw this story for the comic book format. It has so many memorable drawings and sequences that just cry out for what would undoubtedly have been classic splash panels. I can just envision Gottfredson working late hours by his desk, trying to outdo himself with each of the brilliant assassination scenes. You only get a masterpiece of this scale from someone who is not only supremely talented, but also truly passionate about their work.

I got to inspect a CGC 9.2 copy of Four Color 16 during an inspection in Dallas and it was one of the most memorable Golden Age Disney books, I have ever seen.

An early WDC&S that was the right price (even allowing for the steadily declining exchange rate :cry: ). It has a few flaws, but it's really solid and a delight to read.

wdcamps_016_zpsrh1hinn0.jpg

I'll post some inside shots later. I really like these big format early books.

An early WDC&S that was the right price (even allowing for the steadily declining exchange rate :cry: ). It has a few flaws, but it's really solid and a delight to read.

TERRIFIC! :applause::applause::applause::applause:

mm

That's a brut and one you don't see everyday.

It would have been amazing if Gottfredson had been able to draw this story for the comic book format. It has so many memorable drawings and sequences that just cry out for what would undoubtedly have been classic splash panels. I can just envision Gottfredson working late hours by his desk, trying to outdo himself with each of the brilliant assassination scenes. You only get a masterpiece of this scale from someone who is not only supremely talented, but also truly passionate about their work.

I got to inspect a CGC 9.2 copy of Four Color 16 during an inspection in Dallas and it was one of the most memorable Golden Age Disney books, I have ever seen.

I can only imagine what seeing that 9.2 would have been like! :cloud9: this is one of my favorite stories and I have never owned a copy. :cry: