• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,432 posts in this topic

Thanks – I guess this was overlooked. :)

"Christmas for Shacktown" and "Trick or Treat" are surely among the mandatory inclusions.

"Only a poor old man" as well. And of course "Christmas on bear mountain" and "Back to the Klondike".

Besides "The Terror of the Beagle Boys", do you have other stories to suggest that represented first appearances worth of note? First apperance from syndicated strips as well, indicating the date.

And then Mickey Mouse and the other characters… Aside from Four Color #16 (which in the end is a reprint).

Thanks much!

How about the first appearance of Huey, Dewey and Louie? (and a great Golf cover as well)

commickeymaghueydewylouie_zpsm7y7cdnv.jpg

"Christmas for Shacktown" and "Trick or Treat" are surely among the mandatory inclusions.

"Only a poor old man" as well. And of course "Christmas on bear mountain" and "Back to the Klondike".

Besides "The Terror of the Beagle Boys", do you have other stories to suggest that represented first appearances worth of note? First apperance from syndicated strips as well, indicating the date.

And then Mickey Mouse and the other characters… Aside from Four Color #16 (which in the end is a reprint).

Thanks much!

Don't overlook the Barks' Duck lead off tales in Christmas Parade 1 and 2 and Vacation Parade 1. Vacation Parade 1 may in fact be a better tale than all of the above other than Only a Poor Old Man!

Thanks much!

How about the first appearance of Huey, Dewey and Louie? (and a great Golf cover as well)

commickeymaghueydewylouie_zpsm7y7cdnv.jpg

Love the Sig

Thanks much!

Here's a couple:

Gyro Gearloose in WDC&S 140 (and his lightbulb helper in Uncle Scrooge 15)

Gladstone Gander in WDC&S 88

You can find all of the Disney first appearences at the Inducks site!

@AJD: Thanks much! (thumbs u

@Robot: Thanks, but I am trying to avoid the more expensive early WDC&S, and also I believe the first apperance happened in syndicated strips (as with Donald in "The wise little hen") so the WDC&S is de facto a reprint, albeit the first edition in comic book form. :)

As an example: "The wise little hen" appeared first in newspapers, then in Italy it appeared in the very rare and scarce "Topolino supplemento" in 1935, and then in comic book format. I have this last one version of Donald's first apperance, which – in fact – is a second italian edition. :)

RugJZQDs.jpg

Don't overlook the Barks' Duck lead off tales in Christmas Parade 1 and 2 and Vacation Parade 1. Vacation Parade 1 may in fact be a better tale than all of the above other than Only a Poor Old Man!

Right – often there are tales acknowledged as classics because of their quality but also their popularity, but there are less known stories which could be classics in their own merit. "Trick or treat", however, is a milestone as it’s the first apperance of Hazel, and our school of authors widely used Hazel in classic stories as opposed to Goofy (I talked about this previously). :)

Right – often there are tales acknowledged as classics because of their quality but also their popularity, but there are less known stories which could be classics in their own merit. "Trick or treat", however, is a milestone as it’s the first apperance of Hazel, and our school of authors widely used Hazel in classic stories as opposed to Goofy (I talked about this previously). :)

:luhv: DD26!

DD_26_Crippen_CGC_front.jpg

DD_26_CGC_Front.jpg

Thanks guys, keep the suggestion coming! :)

I’d love to get a #26 sooner or later… I would also like to show you more about the italian Hazel stories, as I believe are all unpublished in USA.

Here’s some splash pages… I believe I already showed some of them. Unfortunately there is little on the web in terms of scans.

antimaliardi.gifmissili.gif

bellissima.giffantasma.gif

I’d love to get a #26 sooner or later… I would also like to show you more about the italian Hazel stories, as I believe are all unpublished in USA.

Here’s some splash pages… I believe I already showed some of them. Unfortunately there is little on the web in terms of scans.

fantasma.gif

That's a really nicely composed splash panel.

fantasma.gif

That's a really nicely composed splash panel.

These stories are incredibly cool and fun. Goofy constantly rationalizes what Hazel does because he refuses to believe in magic and in witches.