• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,432 posts in this topic

It's Thanksgiving so with a little downtime I thought I would tackle sorting out some of my early WDCS books. I took advantage of the initial sort to do a little photo shoot. I know I have a few more buried around but these are the nice ones!

Great collection!

I would buy an English translation if anyone from Disney happens to be reading. :):wishluck:

If they want, they can make it happen. David Gerstein is an enthousiast and it seems Disney is responsive: they are presenting many classic stories which never saw the light of day in USA (along with recent material of varying interest), so maybe we just have to support IDW a bit… :)

It's Thanksgiving so with a little downtime I thought I would tackle sorting out some of my early WDCS books. I took advantage of the initial sort to do a little photo shoot. I know I have a few more buried around but these are the nice ones!

Great collection!

Indeed! :cloud9: – 40Yrs, do you have the first Gremlins (with Gremlins on cover)? I’d love to pick that issue sooner or later.

I would buy an English translation if anyone from Disney happens to be reading. :):wishluck:

If they want, they can make it happen. David Gerstein is an enthousiast and it seems Disney is responsive: they are presenting many classic stories which never saw the light of day in USA (along with recent material of varying interest), so maybe we just have to support IDW a bit… :)

Great collection!

Indeed! :cloud9: – 40Yrs, do you have the first Gremlins (with Gremlins on cover)? I’d love to pick that issue sooner or later.

No such luck, on my want list too!

Love Barks ducks (much longer than have loved GGA). Was fortunate to spend some time (had dinner and conversation) with Don Rosa in the early 90's. He did a couple nice sketches for me back then and unfortunately in a tight spot years back I sold them to qkick. Could get more if I wanted to now but nothing quite beats having the one you watched him draw.

Well, here are a few of my favorites that I hung onto.

IMG_8899.jpgwindows screenshot

IMG_8904.jpgadult photo sharing

Love Barks ducks (much longer than have loved GGA). Was fortunate to spend some time (had dinner and conversation) with Don Rosa in the early 90's. He did a couple nice sketches for me back then and unfortunately in a tight spot years back I sold them to qkick. Could get more if I wanted to now but nothing quite beats having the one you watched him draw.

Well, here are a few of my favorites that I hung onto.

IMG_8899.jpgwindows screenshot

IMG_8904.jpgadult photo sharing

Good stuff! I'll share a Rosa photo later.

Great group shot Frank. :applause:

When I got to 50% of the 1-100 run I tried a group shot, but it was hard to arrange. The stairs help a lot - just wish I had some. lol

Here's a virtual group shot I put together of my #49-100 copies. I'll do the earlier ones when I get a chance.

th_wdcamps_049_zps15b87d91.jpgth_wdcs_050.jpgth_wdcamps_051_zps897d3c95.jpgth_wdcamps_052_zpse6757648.jpg

th_wdcamps_053_zpsbde866c0.jpgth_image_zpse8b68760.jpgth_wdcs_055.jpgth_wdcs_056.jpg

th_wdcs_057.jpgth_wdcs58_front.jpgth_wdcs_059.jpgth_wdcs_060.jpg

th_wdcs_061.jpgth_wdcs_062.jpgth_WDCS63.jpgth_wdcamps_064_zps9f795253.jpg

th_wdcs_065.jpgth_wdcs_066.jpgth_wdcs_067.jpgth_wdcs_068.jpg

th_wdcs_69.jpgth_wdcs70.jpgth_wdcs_071.jpgth_wdcs_072.jpg

th_wdcs_073.jpgth_wdcs_074_metro.jpgth_wdcs75.jpgth_wdcs_076.jpg

th_wdcs_077.jpgth_wdcs_78.jpgth_wdcs_079.jpgth_wdcs_080.jpg

th_wdcs_081.jpgth_wdcs_082.jpgth_wdcs_083.jpgth_wdcs_084.jpg

th_wdcs_085.jpgth_wdcs_86.jpgth_wdcs_087.jpgth_wdcs88.jpg

th_wdcs_089.jpgth_wdcs_090.jpgth_wdcs91.jpgth_wdcs_092.jpg

th_wdcs_093.jpgth_wdcs94.jpgth_wdcs_095.jpgth_wdcs_096.jpg

th_wdcs_097.jpgth_wdcs_098.jpgth_wdcs99.jpgth_wdcs_100.jpg

Great group shot Frank. :applause:

When I got to 50% of the 1-100 run I tried a group shot, but it was hard to arrange. The stairs help a lot - just wish I had some. lol

Here's a virtual group shot I put together of my #49-100 copies. I'll do the earlier ones when I get a chance.

th_wdcamps_049_zps15b87d91.jpgth_wdcs_050.jpgth_wdcamps_051_zps897d3c95.jpgth_wdcamps_052_zpse6757648.jpg

th_wdcamps_053_zpsbde866c0.jpgth_image_zpse8b68760.jpgth_wdcs_055.jpgth_wdcs_056.jpg

th_wdcs_057.jpgth_wdcs58_front.jpgth_wdcs_059.jpgth_wdcs_060.jpg

th_wdcs_061.jpgth_wdcs_062.jpgth_WDCS63.jpgth_wdcamps_064_zps9f795253.jpg

th_wdcs_065.jpgth_wdcs_066.jpgth_wdcs_067.jpgth_wdcs_068.jpg

th_wdcs_69.jpgth_wdcs70.jpgth_wdcs_071.jpgth_wdcs_072.jpg

th_wdcs_073.jpgth_wdcs_074_metro.jpgth_wdcs75.jpgth_wdcs_076.jpg

th_wdcs_077.jpgth_wdcs_78.jpgth_wdcs_079.jpgth_wdcs_080.jpg

th_wdcs_081.jpgth_wdcs_082.jpgth_wdcs_083.jpgth_wdcs_084.jpg

th_wdcs_085.jpgth_wdcs_86.jpgth_wdcs_087.jpgth_wdcs88.jpg

th_wdcs_089.jpgth_wdcs_090.jpgth_wdcs91.jpgth_wdcs_092.jpg

th_wdcs_093.jpgth_wdcs94.jpgth_wdcs_095.jpgth_wdcs_096.jpg

th_wdcs_097.jpgth_wdcs_098.jpgth_wdcs99.jpgth_wdcs_100.jpg

Andrew,

Those are some of the greatest comics ever made right there! Someday I hope to join you in amassing this many of these great books. A phenomenal collection!

Here's a photo from hanging out with Don Rosa at a San Diego con probably about ten years ago. This was after he had stopped working for Disney doing comics and he was telling me his tales of that part of his life. I think it was prior to his eye problems though and as I recall the booth was the dealer who was selling his collection of books he had bought off the stands.

Don is an entertaining guy and if you ever get a chance to talk to him at a show I highly recommend it.

166543.jpg.635ff2ea1c126861c3f386edefbc8743.jpg

Great collection!

8814136400_6615ba987e_b.jpg

I think I have two copies of the Gremlin issue. Wasn't it originally a Roald Dahl story?