• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,432 posts in this topic

I have this one. I didn't actually notice the label notation until after I had won the book. I would guess there may be many more of these around.

It lacks the cool stamp that's on the covers of the FC 29 and 189.

lf_zpsfpkmmxqg.jpg

I have a Barks estate book too, but I think I like the COA almost as much:

CoA_US56.jpg

Here's the book. It's in a 'wrong' slab so I've cropped the picture. Does anyone know if CGC would reslab it with the provenance retained? It looks undergraded to me too.

Barks_US56_zpsglkexwhh.jpg

CoA_US56.jpg

Here's the book. It's in a 'wrong' slab so I've cropped the picture. Does anyone know if CGC would reslab it with the provenance retained? It looks undergraded to me too.

I imagine that with the documentation you have CGC would slab it with the same label notation as on the two earlier Barks estate books shown in this thread.

Agree with the well loved, which I absolutely think gives it a charm. It's a great copy to own.

It's definitely not high grade, just a solid reader. But I'm very happy to finally add a copy to my collection:

FC0386_zpsmtykqiuo.jpg

Woo! Well loved copy! :applause:

The tortoise inched forward another step this week. Even though this one is a little careworn, I'm pleased to tick it off for a very reasonable price. The pages are really nice, which is a nice bonus - it's usually a leap into the unknown buying on eBay.

wdcamps_031_zpsafsffs9x.jpg

The tortoise inched forward another step this week. Even though this one is a little careworn, I'm pleased to tick it off for a very reasonable price. The pages are really nice, which is a nice bonus - it's usually a leap into the unknown buying on eBay.

That's a book I've always admired ... and always get outbid on. Congrats for landing it.

Agree with the well loved, which I absolutely think gives it a charm. It's a great copy to own.
It's definitely not high grade, just a solid reader. But I'm very happy to finally add a copy to my collection:

FC0386_zpsmtykqiuo.jpg

Woo! Well loved copy! :applause:

Any copy of FC 386 is a good copy of FC 386! Barks at his absolute best.

CoA_US56.jpg

CoA_US56.jpg

I love the COA a lot. I would love the paintings more

CoA_US56.jpg

One of my favorite covers! :applause: I had my wife create a jean jacket for me with that on the front pocket. :)

Nice job! An eBay winner for sure! :cloud9:

I certainly agree with you about buying books on eBay--most of the time I am disappointed with the results. However, not only does this one look like a winner, but I am delighted to see your tortoise moving forward. Congratulations!

27053589292_484443f1f1_c.jpg

26544332383_8b2e91ac67_c.jpg

26542920724_12f5fd88e9_c.jpg

I was having this conversation on another thread but thought I would continue it here because the Duck group may be more aware than I about the numbering system.

I think the numbering starting with FC 147 when the title changed from Donald Duck to Walt Disney's Donald Duck (WDDD). There were 25 issues with that title before WDDD #26 (Trick or Treat). I am assuming the count was retroactive and the first 4 Donald Duck issues in the second series of Four Color comics weren't included due to the title difference. Can anyone confirm or explain it better?

Edited by BB-Gun

I have this one. I didn't actually notice the label notation until after I had won the book. I would guess there may be many more of these around.

It lacks the cool stamp that's on the covers of the FC 29 and 189.

lf_zpsfpkmmxqg.jpg

I'm pretty sure I no longer have them but I used to have a couple of his personal books. They had a stamp inside on the margin of the first page that said something like "If you have this copy it is stolen from the personal library of Carl Barks".

This thread was sinking into the Stygian darkness, so I thought I'd revive it with a couple of great back cover movies ads from WDC&S. These are from #s 54 and 77 respectively.

zwdcamps_054_back_raw_zpsl46iksbs.jpg

zwdcamps_077_raw_back_zpsjvbhkdin.jpg

Nice. Sure wish Disney would make S of the S available. I've never seen it.

One of the great extras of the Mickey Mouse Magazine series and the early WDCS issues are the ads. Everything from dolls and watches to new movies like the two above are great to see. I think Song of the South is available on both tape and DVD--it's a great movie with nice animated sequences and some wonderful songs.

Q. Why can't I find this movie anywhere?

A. You cannot find this movie anywhere because after Song of the South's last theatrical release in 1986, Disney decided not to re-release it again... The movie has been released on video and laserdisc in various foreign countries, but never in the United States. As of December 2001, Song of the South was withdrawn worldwide.