• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,432 posts in this topic

On 3/22/2018 at 9:41 AM, Sqeggs said:

I was surprised that an FC 178 9.2 OW-W sold for $8,200 on CC tonight.  Seems high.  I was thinking it would sell for closer to $5K.  No recent sales on GPA, though, so maybe it was an unusual opportunity to score a high-grade copy and a couple of people extended themselves for it. 

Given that FC 178 is one of the coolest books ever, I don't think this was an unreasonable price at all! 

5 hours ago, tth2 said:

Given that FC 178 is one of the coolest books ever, I don't think this was an unreasonable price at all! 

But it's not even a 9.4 so it's practically worthless. (:

7 hours ago, tth2 said:

The $5K that I was hoping to win it for would have been much more reasonable! :cry:

2 hours ago, adamstrange said:
8 hours ago, tth2 said:

But it's not even a 9.4 so it's practically worthless. (:

You've learned well, Grasshopper.

59 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:
8 hours ago, tth2 said:

The $5K that I was hoping to win it for would have been much more reasonable! :cry:

You should've just bid until you won it.  You literally can't overpay for a FC 178. 

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

There have been quite a few record setters in the last couple months but $8k for FC 178 doesn't look like one to me.  It's one of the few reasonable prices.

On 3/21/2018 at 6:41 PM, Sqeggs said:

I was surprised that an FC 178 9.2 OW-W sold for $8,200 on CC tonight.  Seems high.  I was thinking it would sell for closer to $5K.  No recent sales on GPA, though, so maybe it was an unusual opportunity to score a high-grade copy and a couple of people extended themselves for it. 

I know of some very strong high grade Duck sales that are not on GPA.  The market for high grade Barks Ducks seems to be trending stronger now. 

45 minutes ago, sfcityduck said:

Was there an US 6? 

:idea:   A question all Duck collectors want to know.  Especially if it is in the same shape as those others.

11 hours ago, adamstrange said:

There have been quite a few record setters in the last couple months but $8k for FC 178 doesn't look like one to me.  It's one of the few reasonable prices.

It's impressive that this price was achieved on CC.  I was talking to the consignor and asking why he went with CC when Heritage has historically been the go-to place for Duck collectors.  But I think he's done fine with CC.

11 hours ago, tth2 said:

It's impressive that this price was achieved on CC.  I was talking to the consignor and asking why he went with CC when Heritage has historically been the go-to place for Duck collectors.  But I think he's done fine with CC.

Certainly Ducks on HA have been doing very well.  Translation:  I haven't been winning many.

7 hours ago, 40YrsCollctngCmcs said:

Some Wonder Con WDCS pickups! I'm slowly putting the 1-100 run together.

tn_WDCS79_87.jpg

Good to see you at the show! I was very happy with the nice copy of WDC&S 32 I obtained from Terry. :) 

9 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Good to see you at the show! I was very happy with the nice copy of WDC&S 32 I obtained from Terry. :) 

Good to see you too Steve. Post your book if you'd like; some of those early Barks' stories didn't get reprinted in the comics.