• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,432 posts in this topic

Quite the run of WDCS on Heritage this week for anyone interested. Lots of issues under 100 and many before the Barks run started. Heritage tends to be too pricey for me as on top of their bidder's fee there's another 10% for California tax so I rarely bid anymore.

2 hours ago, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

Quite the run of WDCS on Heritage this week for anyone interested. Lots of issues under 100 and many before the Barks run started. Heritage tends to be too pricey for me as on top of their bidder's fee there's another 10% for California tax so I rarely bid anymore.

Yeah, I'm in the exactly same boat. It's one thing to have to pay top dollar but the buyer's fees, taxes and shipping just put me out of the running. I love the early WDCS but have most of what I already want. And, other than the first two years, they have always been fairly available at real reasonable prices.

8 hours ago, Robot Man said:
11 hours ago, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

Yeah, I'm in the exactly same boat. It's one thing to have to pay top dollar but the buyer's fees, taxes and shipping just put me out of the running. I love the early WDCS but have most of what I already want. And, other than the first two years, they have always been fairly available at real reasonable prices

I've bought many things on Heritage but not once have I ever paid an extra cent because of their BP.

Edited by tth2

On 5/30/2020 at 11:04 AM, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:
On 5/30/2020 at 12:05 AM, telerites said:

$6,300

423378558_FireShotCapture271-ComicLink__TheOnlineVintageComicBookandComicArtAuctionand_-www_comiclink_com.png.5cc89cb23cb59f5c0911d632984cd05c.png

Boy that's a crazy high price for that book.

On 5/30/2020 at 1:59 AM, AJD said:

$6,300... Wow - that is a lot!

+3

You guys can definitely say this again as that price even puts the key WDC&S #31 with the first Carl Barks art in this run to shame.  :whatthe:

Then again, I would assume that the usual hype and blusterous write-up by CL with respect to these highest graded copies just draws in the usual label chasers who patrol the CL auctions like bees to honey.  hm  :takeit:   :flipbait:

Edited by lou_fine

16 hours ago, tth2 said:

I've bought many things on Heritage but not once have I ever paid an extra cent because of their BP.

Hey, I've got a great idea here.  :idea:

Although I know exactly what you mean by your statement above, maybe we should get both @Hollywood1892 and @G G ® in an absolute tizzy :ohnoez: and blow their minds  O.o  by the actual fact that YOU don't have to pay an extra cent to Heritage because of their BP.  :devil:

2 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Although I know exactly what you mean by your statement above, maybe we should get both @Hollywood1892 and @G G ® in an absolute tizzy :ohnoez: and blow their minds  O.o  by the actual fact that YOU don't have to pay an extra cent to Heritage because of their BP.  :devil:

(tsk)

I've never posted in this thread and have zero interest in it, much as I love DD. o.O

7 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

:banana:

22 minutes ago, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

So many of those were probably ruined with that back cover!!

I'd say your correct (thumbsu

6 hours ago, lou_fine said:

maybe we should get both @Hollywood1892 and @G G ® in an absolute tizzy :ohnoez: and blow their minds  O.o  by the actual fact that YOU don't have to pay an extra cent to Heritage because of their BP

Since I've got them both on Ignore, it wouldn't be a very interesting conversation for me! lol

1 minute ago, tth2 said:
6 hours ago, lou_fine said:

maybe we should get both @Hollywood1892 and @G G ® in an absolute tizzy :ohnoez: and blow their minds  O.o  by the actual fact that YOU don't have to pay an extra cent to Heritage because of their BP

Since I've got them both on Ignore, it wouldn't be a very interesting conversation for me! lol

Yes, I guess it would be a meeting of the mind (or is it the mindless :baiting:) in that case then.  lol

6 hours ago, mlansdown said:

I recently purchased a higher grade and early Uncle Scrooge collection, and I upgraded one of my favorite covers of the run:

image.png.3fa1153a266c56b426615400aa52d2d7.png

Is it so wrong that everything I know and love about capitalism I learned from Uncle Scrooge?

“Uncle Scrooge and Money” should be required viewing/reading in schools 😂

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 5:41 PM, gadzukes said:

These are all very low grade (and a couple are incomplete), but I'm glad I've picked them up through the years.

I think my favorite is the Mickey Mouse Magazine "transition" comic in the lower right which came out 1 month before WDC&S 1

IMG_1163.jpg

and the first comic book size MMM

3141435470_858477ac1e_c.jpg

8 hours ago, mlansdown said:

I recently purchased a higher grade and early Uncle Scrooge collection, and I upgraded one of my favorite covers of the run:

image.png.3fa1153a266c56b426615400aa52d2d7.png

Is it so wrong that everything I know and love about capitalism I learned from Uncle Scrooge?

Between Uncle Scrooge and the Dwarves from Dungeons and Dragons its no wonder I am a solid Capitalist. :)