• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,432 posts in this topic

Although not technically a comic book, it is posted in the Overstreet price guide due to its significance.

This 1936 book, with dust jacket, was the first hardcover book devoted to Donald Duck.

The 1935 Whitman linen book was the first book devoted to Donald.

DonaldDuckBook.jpg

dell53.jpg

All those Dell Giants are great! thumbsup2.gif

You really feel you got your quarter's worth with the thick, glossy covers wrapped around a big bundle of pages!

Although not technically a comic book, it is posted in the Overstreet price guide due to its significance.

This 1936 book, with dust jacket, was the first hardcover book devoted to Donald Duck.

The 1935 Whitman linen book was the first book devoted to Donald.

DonaldDuckBook.jpg

I've heard of and seen the linen cover book, but didn't realize that this follow-up existed. Very cool! Is one or the other scarcer?

I've heard of and seen the linen cover book, but didn't realize that this follow-up existed. Very cool! Is one or the other scarcer?

I believe the 1936 book would be scarcer based on my searches. The 1935 linen book is pretty durable so there are copies to be had. Finding either book in mid to high grade may take time.

gossip.gif

Looks like I never posted this classic cover before (Jeff Lotman copy). My scanner tends to make light dents look a lot worse than they are; I'd grade this book around 8.5. Never seen another copy above VG 4.0 (Overstreet does not list values above 8.0).

mmv111.jpg

Gorgeous book as always HKP!! Here's something different:

donald.jpg

Gotta agree with Bonds, HKP, that's a keeper!

Bonds, I like the cover art on this one -- a very nice grouping of the ducks in a limited space.

Segment of original art from Carl Barks' "Land Beneath the Ground", Uncle Scrooge 13, 1956. Given to the previous owner by Barks in 1961; I bought it from him some 40 years later.

lbg.jpg

Early inked art by Barks is extremely rare. The few examples that do exist have been extensively published and studied by European Donaldists. Here are a few articles that deal with this particular example:

http://www.seriesam.com/barks/detc_ccus_us0013-02.html

http://ksacomics.com/uncle-scrooge/29.htm

If anyone knows of other pre-1960 Barks originals I'd be very interested in making an offer.

---

Completely unrelated, here's another WDC&S file copy.

wdcs27_900.jpg

The original art looks terrific. Those Terries and Fermies are hilarious.

And there's nothing wrong at with a nice file copy!

Looks like we could use a bump on this thread.

785968-US1.jpg

785968-US1.jpg.f564981fc860f7e0e6b702489332920a.jpg

Edited by adamstrange