• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Good-bye Slave-Leia

46 posts in this topic

.... Lame PR move.

eh. it sounds like a standard Disney position of the last 20 years on objectification of women, just filtering down to Marvel.

And yet they have no problem with graphic violence. I know one thing is not the same as the other but seems strange to object to a woman in what amounts to a bikini and yet have no problem with lopping off body parts with a light saber.

.... Lame PR move.

eh. it sounds like a standard Disney position of the last 20 years on objectification of women, just filtering down to Marvel.

And yet they have no problem with graphic violence. I know one thing is not the same as the other but seems strange to object to a woman in what amounts to a bikini and yet have no problem with lopping off body parts with a light saber.

Everyone loves that stuff.

.... Lame PR move.

Or a lot worse. Not to mention endorsing certain things which Walt Disney disapproved.

.... Lame PR move.

eh. it sounds like a standard Disney position of the last 20 years on objectification of women, just filtering down to Marvel. Doesn't seem like a PR move at all, with JSC backpedaling: "For the record, I didn't say this with any authority, I simply mentioned it seemed to be the case"

Considering what Disney did to the Pirates of the Caribbean ride this doesn't surprise me one bit.

I also wouldn't be surprised if, when Disney starts re-release the original trilogy on Blu-ray, they choose not to undo the Greedo-shot-first ret-con. Can't have the "good-guy" acting like a scoundrel.

I also wouldn't be surprised if, when Disney starts re-release the original trilogy on Blu-ray, they choose not to undo the Greedo-shot-first ret-con. Can't have the "good-guy" acting like a scoundrel nerf herder.

Fixed that for ya. (thumbs u

I also wouldn't be surprised if, when Disney starts re-release the original trilogy on Blu-ray, they choose not to undo the Greedo-shot-first ret-con. Can't have the "good-guy" acting like a scoundrel nerf herder.

Fixed that for ya. (thumbs u

I prefer the original.

I like the Scoundrel, who becomes something more.

can't wait for them to consider doing something about the fat shaming of Jabba

also-- when I hear the words "Nerf herder" -- I get this weird image in my head of a guy dressed up as a shepherd surrounded by hundreds of foam footballs.

The Nerf Herders is also the band that did the Buffy the Vampire theme song. hm

.... Lame PR move.

eh. it sounds like a standard Disney position of the last 20 years on objectification of women, just filtering down to Marvel. Doesn't seem like a PR move at all, with JSC backpedaling: "For the record, I didn't say this with any authority, I simply mentioned it seemed to be the case"

Considering what Disney did to the Pirates of the Caribbean ride this doesn't surprise me one bit.

I also wouldn't be surprised if, when Disney starts re-release the original trilogy on Blu-ray, they choose not to undo the Greedo-shot-first ret-con. Can't have the "good-guy" acting like a scoundrel.

Can't wait for the Disney release of Return of the Jedi. CGI some clothes onto slave Leia :o

Can't wait for the Disney release of Return of the Jedi. CGI some clothes onto slave Leia :o

Boy, if you thought the fanboys threw a hissy fit about the special editions before! :roflmao:

Adding clothes to slave Leia would be like ewoks blinking, or making the entrance to Jabba's palace much more longer. Oh, wait...