• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is going on with Prize Comics.
3 3

83 posts in this topic

It only takes two collectors trying to build runs at the same time to cause a price spike on GA material.

I think my favorite issue is #17; I almost went after the 5.0 that sold on Heritage last year. It's not something I'd want to pay much over guide for, though, and it went for almost $500, which was more than 2X guide.

http://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/superhero/prize-comics-17-prize-1941-cgc-vg-fn-50-off-white-to-white-pages/a/7093-91223.s?ic4=OtherResults-SampleItem-071515

Another title that I like that's been selling high lately is Lightning Comics. I really wanted the V2#1 that sold on HA this summer, but it went for $900—5 times guide! I was watching it right up till the end, but I couldn't justify paying that kind of money for it. I'd have gone double guide without a second thought.

I bought the 38 on flea bay a few months back and had to pay 3.5 times guide. (I really wanted it bad). Lightning is from the Ace family and those a have heated up a lot in the past year or so. They were kind of a secret for a long time and I grabbed as many in any condition that I could find.

My favorites are 30-40...... the interiors are surprisingly well done in addition to the covers. I miss my Crippen copy of 35...... and I think it's 36 that has a cool motorcycle cover.... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

(worship) RM, these are gems and seldom seen. I think you and Walclark seem to have various issues of this run. Where are you Walter? I'd like to your issues too buddy!

Ask and ye shall receive. I've only got a few. Wish I had more.

prize7.jpg

prize15.jpg

prize28.jpg

prize31.jpg

prize32.jpg

(worship) RM, these are gems and seldom seen. I think you and Walclark seem to have various issues of this run. Where are you Walter? I'd like to your issues too buddy!

prize7.jpg

prize15.jpg

prize28.jpg

prize31.jpg

prize32.jpg

:applause::applause: LOVE em' all ( but that 32? :cloud9: ) thanks for posting sir!

It only takes two collectors trying to build runs at the same time to cause a price spike on GA material.

Another title that I like that's been selling high lately is Lightning Comics. I really wanted the V2#1 that sold on HA this summer, but it went for $900—5 times guide! I was watching it right up till the end, but I couldn't justify paying that kind of money for it. I'd have gone double guide without a second thought.

Lightning is from the Ace family and those a have heated up a lot in the past year or so. They were kind of a secret for a long time and I grabbed as many in any condition that I could find.

I like Lightning...

syasl0.jpg

prize32.jpg

20269849306_4a4b6d3537_b.jpg

Prize 65 reminds me of 32 due to the perspective. I like all of these plus Prize 7.

prize32.jpg

20269849306_4a4b6d3537_b.jpg

Prize 65 reminds me of 32 due to the perspective. I like all of these plus Prize 7.

Very similar covers for sure BB. You don't have such a bad selection of choice issues yourself. Nice! Thanks for posting! :applause:

Those are some great copies you have, Robot Man... thanks for posting those!

My greatest GA comic regret was not pursuing the HA Prize Comics 18 more aggressively from a couple of years ago.

If anyone has any copy for sale... PLEASE let me know! :cry: