• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sellersvilleauctionllc on Ebay

83 posts in this topic

So, I decided to drive out to Quakertown, PA to pick up the six books I won, saving on postage and taking advantage of the cash discount they offer.

Turns out they had just a week earlier moved into a newly converted warehouse. Very nice facility.

The auctioneer and the woman assisting him are both extremely nice and very, very young. They showed me around and they seem to have a lot of vintage video consoles and vintage video games.

As some speculated, the comics were all from a single consignor.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again. One caveat: I don't know how well they pack comics. They asked me about that and I explained that slabs are carefully designed to provide full protection when books are mailed. All that's necessary is to slide a slab into a plain manilla envelope and slap on the postage. :D

Was that wrong? Should I not have told them that? hm

SThey asked me about that and I explained that slabs are carefully designed to provide full protection when books are mailed. All that's necessary is to slide a slab into a plain manilla envelope and slap on the postage. :D

Was that wrong? Should I not have told them that? hm

PERFECT!

Manila envelopes are expensive. Tape label directly on slab.

Nice that you got to visit them and maybe they will turn up another collection. They probably think collections like this are a dime a dozen and not realize this may be the best comic collection they will ever auction even at the young age you mentioned they are.

Reminds me of Mound City Auctions when they fell into a once in a lifetime collection of comics and sold them for over $1,000,000. (I believe it was that much)

They actually thought these collections were everywhere and were soon going to take over and put Heritage, Clink and ComicConnect out of business. They were here to stay one of them told me at a St. Louis show.

I just hope they didn't blow all the money they earned chasing the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

So what books went for bargain prices? I thought most of the ones I was watching went for strong prices.

I was watching the detective 58, when the auction ended it said it went for $250, well that site Said 1700 releazied. I think it went for 250

Looks like the Batman 59 went for a bargain price...$900 for a 4.0... (shrug)

Either nobody else was clued in to the first appearance of Deadshot...or Deadshot ain't hot any more...

What's the going rate for a Batman 59 in VG condition?

Doesn't look like that much of a bargain at $900 since it is still over 4X condition guide. (shrug)

So what books went for bargain prices? I thought most of the ones I was watching went for strong prices.

I was watching the detective 58, when the auction ended it said it went for $250, well that site Said 1700 releazied. I think it went for 250

Strongly doubt that this book would have gone for only $250.

The $1,700 figure which they are showing as the realized price looks to be much more in the ball park based upon the rest of the prices which this auction was able to fetch.

nope. I bid 1250 on it and definitely lost. So 1700 is correct.

I also bid 750 on the 59. It has cooled off recently.

This is the same misinformation as the Heritage discussions, it was not $1700, it was $1700 + 18% = $2006. The book was not purchased for $1700.

This is the same misinformation as the Heritage discussions, it was not $1700, it was $1700 + 18% = $2006. The book was not purchased for $1700.

Maybe it was won by an attendee of auction and it was only 1870 (shrug)

In any event gpa reported prices for the cgc books reflects the + vig

No I was watching live, it was won on eBay along with many of the books. I think you were one of the few buyers who bought keys from the floor saving up to 8%.

No I was watching live, it was won on eBay along with many of the books. I think you were one of the few buyers who bought keys from the floor saving up to 8%.

how were you able to differentiate between what was ebay, or auction zip, or live?

how were you able to differentiate between what was ebay, or auction zip, or live?

As the auction took place live on eBay, they did label bids as "Floor" or "eBay"

Anyone get their books yet? Mine hasn't come yet and I don't want to flip out yet.

When I drove over to pick mine up a couple of days after the auction, the woman at the front desk said she had been working on getting the books ready to mail out. I think you should probably call them to see if there was a problem with your order.