• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JUSTICE LEAGUE: PART ONE (11/17/17)
5 5

2,041 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:
14 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

It’s evident that CC has an issue with Ben Affleck. 

I think Affleck had something to do with it.

I'm guessing an unrequited man-crush is the origin.  :gossip:

10 minutes ago, kimik said:

Watchmen was a good film as well. Unfortunately for Snyder, the viewing public has moved on from there and his style is no longer as popular.

Seems like he's become the new Michael Bay, the guy with the dynamic style critics love to dump on.  I still like watching Michael Bay movies, too.

19 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

As far as batman scenes. I used to love the fight scenes in batman returns. I thought it was epic but then batman begins came along and it was king. Then BVS with Batman saving Martha is one of the best action super hero scenes. It’s everyrhing I’ve read in batman comics/video games come to life 

is it enough to save that movie, maybe not but I put that an age of ultron in the same category. Not great but fun to watch (see iron man vs hulk) 

Age of Ultron go 82 rotten compared to 241 fresh.  Doesn't Justice League already have more rotten (88).  I was hoping for an ok C- based on the previews but it looks like even that is optimistic :cry:

29 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I think Affleck really had an  impact. Snyder's Man of Steel was decent and it looked like a good starting point for the DC Universe, than Affleck came on board and everything focused on him it seems. What I am getting at is they just had Snyder's vision at first than by adding Affleck that made DC have two visions, and sometimes it is no good having too many chefs running the kitchen. 

I don't think it was Affleck. Don't forget a key difference between Man of Steel and the other DCEU -- Man of Steel was overseen by Nolan.

For that matter, tons of folks either don't know or have forgotten Snyder's influence on Wonder Woman -- he was credited with writing the story.

They've put the consensus up now.  :boo:

Justice League leaps over a number of DC movies, but its single bound isn't enough to shed the murky aesthetic, thin characters, and chaotic action that continue to dog the franchise.

27 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

is it enough to save that movie, maybe not but I put that an age of ultron in the same category. Not great but fun to watch (see iron man vs hulk) 

I love the scene where Ultron is holding off  the combined blasts of Iron Man, Vision & Thor then Hulk comes in and bashes him a mile down the road. It's a damn comic book come to life! ?

53 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

It’s evident that CC has an issue with Ben Affleck. 

Nah I like Affleck just not as Batman. He looks not happy.You can tell he is miserable playing the part.  Time to move on from Snyder and him as BvS has tarnished the DC brand and Snyder and Affleck were a big part of BvS. It's like in baseball if the manager and gm are not successful than after awhile you replace them. Snyder`'s been at this DC thing for what 5 plus years? 

As I said I was thinking 60-70 RT score,plus I figured the goodwill from Wonder Woman would have been a factor with a more positive score. I guess I was totally wrong on being so optimistic with the critics. 

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

56 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

As far as batman scenes. I used to love the fight scenes in batman returns. I thought it was epic but then batman begins came along and it was king. Then BVS with Batman saving Martha is one of the best action super hero scenes. It’s everyrhing I’ve read in batman comics/video games come to life 

Take Luthor and Doomsday out of BVS and you have a good movie. Unfortunately, those two kill the film for me. But you are right about that Batman scene - one of the finest actions sequences committed to film.

50 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Seems like he's become the new Michael Bay, the guy with the dynamic style critics love to dump on.  I still like watching Michael Bay movies, too.

It’s funny, I was looking at Bays box office success and the film that made the least amount of money is the one I consider his best.  13 Hours.

Quality and critical acclaim are not really factors for the DC movies, as we've seen time and again with poorly reviewed films earning tremendous amounts of revenue. So what's the difference anyway when the reviews are posted or what the 'score' is? Bottom line, the movies are cash cows and more of them are coming, critics be damned.

27 minutes ago, Reader said:

I miss the 80s when my friends and I biked to the theater on Saturday afternoons and went into films blind.  We didn’t care about critics or box office or how much advertising cost.  Thank God I haven’t changed in that aspect.

Yeah, I miss the 80's when going to a matinee cost you under $5.  Now, take a family with you and it is closer to $100.  At these prices, that film you see better be good.

18 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Yeah, I miss the 80's when going to a matinee cost you under $5.  Now, take a family with you and it is closer to $100.  At these prices, that film you see better be good.

Hey my local theater is 5.50 mantinee including weekends, and 7.50 for a standard ticket.  There is a $1 convenience charge per ticket for online ordering. 

Edited by drotto

39 minutes ago, drotto said:

Hey my local theater is 5.50 mantinee including weekends, and 7.50 for a standard ticket.  There is a $1 convenience charge per ticket for online ordering. 

Same here. $5.50 matinee, recliner seating, reserved seating, great theater. 

1 hour ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Nah I like Affleck just not as Batman. He looks not happy.You can tell he is miserable playing the part.  Time to move on from Snyder and him as BvS has tarnished the DC brand and Snyder and Affleck were a big part of BvS. It's like in baseball if the manager and gm are not successful than after awhile you replace them. Snyder`'s been at this DC thing for what 5 plus years? 

As I said I was thinking 60-70 RT score,plus I figured the goodwill from Wonder Woman would have been a factor with a more positive score. I guess I was totally wrong on being so optimistic with the critics. 

Batman is not a happy character. Have you ever noticed that? I always felt the Justice league unlimited animated cartoon captured that perfectly 

23 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

Batman is not a happy character. Have you ever noticed that? I always felt the Justice league unlimited animated cartoon captured that perfectly 

I like the Nolan and TAS Batman. I just keep thinking of Holden McNeil when I see Ben Affleck as Batman.

When Ben first got the gig I was one of his biggest defenders. He just doesn't seem right. Maybe the costume? It looks kind of

heavy and bulky?

.cd5d28b4db9559b18ae192b52bd8aa789d6369bb_hq.jpg

Edited by ComicConnoisseur