• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JUSTICE LEAGUE: PART ONE (11/17/17)
5 5

2,041 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

It is posted there now... 40% currently. 

Don’t most films have a consensus after 136 reviews. RT is handling this movie very strangely. The Wonder after 26 has a consensus, and Mundbound has one after 62 reviews. Roman J Isreal a splat has one after 36 reviews.  

Edited by drotto

4 minutes ago, drotto said:

Don’t most films have a consensus after 136 reviews. RT is handling this movie very strangely. The Wonder after 26 has a consensus, and Mundbound has one after 62 reviews.

BIgZBF6.png

50 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Good movies are good.

It's not rocket surgery.

This is where I'm at with these movies. I keep hearing the argument over and over again that I should just let myself enjoy these flicks, because they're not SUPPOSED to be "art", they're just supposed to be entertaining. And that, of course, is ridiculous. Bad movies are bad, good movies are good. Entertainment can still be art. Jaws, Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Empire Strikes Back, Jurassic Park and many, many others were "just" popcorn flicks. But they endure because they are well made films as well as great entertainments.

It's not asking too much to want our superhero movies to be well made as well as entertaining. 

Justice League Begins Overseas Run, Claims Top Opening Day of All Time in Brazil

Justice League posted the biggest industry opening day on record in Brazil on Wednesday. The film grossed $3.7 million from 1,509 screens (the widest industry release in the market’s history), capturing 74% of the top 5 market share.

Meanwhile, previews in South Korea registered $1.14 million from 1,195 screens, roughly 50% of the top 5 market share despite limited showtimes. Warner Bros. reports that South Korea’s half-day previews were on par with Wonder Woman‘s full day’s worth of previews. Wonder Woman grossed a total of $15.5 million in the market.

France brought in $1.1 million with 130k admissions from 687 screens on its opening day, taking 61% of the top 5 market share. The results are 19% ahead of Wonder Woman‘s opening day in the market.

Indonesia opened to $895k from 888 screens, outpacing Thor: Ragnarok by 8% and recording WB’s biggest opening day of all time in the market.

Justice League thus begins its theatrical run overseas with $8.5 million from 9 markets. The film expands to 38 additional markets today, including Germany, Italy, Russia, Australia, and the official opening day in South Korea.

1 minute ago, drotto said:

I don’t want there to be a conspiracy, I do not think there is, but damn they are making it easy to envision one.:baiting:

I kid you. Enjoy chatting with you on these things, though we may see things differently.

Now - get back to feuding!

:sumo:

Edited by Bosco685
dang phone

3 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I kid you. Enjoy chatting with you on these things, though we may see things differently.

Now - get back to feuding!

:sumo:

Thing is we agree like 70% of the time, but when we don’t we are not even close.:bigsmile:

Too bad about the low RT score but it doesn’t decide what I want to watch.  Too bad for Zack too, I loved his Dawn of the dead, 300, Watchmen and Man of Steel.  While I didn’t love BvS, that warehouse scene Bosco posted is the best Batman action scene ever created.  Matt Reeves on the other hand created such an incredible trilogy with The Planet of the Apes that I can’t wait for his take on Batman.  I’ve always preferred Batman solo anyway in a dark, living, breathing Gotham that should be a character unto itself. Tim Burton really focused on Gotham and it was perfect for 1989.  I’d like to see as much focus go into the city as its main character.  Still looking forward to Justice but no hero movie yet has been able to dethrone The Dark Knight for me.  

Edited by Reader

4 minutes ago, Reader said:

Too bad for Zack too, I loved his Dawn of the dead, 300, Watchmen and Man of Steel.

I feel the same way because I loved all of those films too, particularly 300 and Watchmen.  I've watched 300 probably half a dozen times and Watchmen three or four times.  I can't get enough of that smoking male machismo from 300.  :cloud9:

tmg-slideshow_l.jpg

3 minutes ago, Reader said:

Too bad about the low RT score but it doesn’t decide what I want to watch.  Too bad for Zack too, I loved his Dawn of the dead, 300, Watchmen and Man of Steel.  While I didn’t love BvS, that warehouse scene Costco posted is the best Batman action scene ever created.  Matt Reeves on the other hand created such an incredible trilogy with The Planet of the Apes that I can’t wait for his take on Batman.  I’ve always preferred Batman solo anyway in a dark, living, breathing Gotham that should be a character unto itself. Tim Burton really focused on Gotham and it was perfect for 1989.  I’d like to see as much focus go into the city as its main character.  Still looking forward to Justice but no hero movie yet has been able to dethrone The Dark Knight for me.  

I think Affleck really had an  impact. Snyder's Man of Steel was decent and it looked like a good starting point for the DC Universe, than Affleck came on board and everything focused on him it seems. What I am getting at is they just had Snyder's vision at first than by adding Affleck that made DC have two visions, and sometimes it is no good having too many chefs running the kitchen. 

39 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

It is posted there now... 40% currently. 

Not good at all as they usually go down by Monday morning. When I said decent in my critical predictions a few days ago I was thinking  60-70s. This is much lower than I even expected. Just a tad above SS and BvS it seems.

As far as batman scenes. I used to love the fight scenes in batman returns. I thought it was epic but then batman begins came along and it was king. Then BVS with Batman saving Martha is one of the best action super hero scenes. It’s everyrhing I’ve read in batman comics/video games come to life 

is it enough to save that movie, maybe not but I put that an age of ultron in the same category. Not great but fun to watch (see iron man vs hulk) 

Edited by jsilverjanet

11 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I feel the same way because I loved all of those films too, particularly 300 and Watchmen.  I've watched 300 probably half a dozen times and Watchmen three or four times.  I can't get enough of that smoking male machismo from 300.  :cloud9:

tmg-slideshow_l.jpg

300 is one of the all-time greatest "guy flicks". I put it right up there with the first Predator film for machismo. 

Watchmen was a good film as well. Unfortunately for Snyder, the viewing public has moved on from there and his style is no longer as popular.