• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite non Schomburg WW II cover
1 1

276 posts in this topic

And I thought only Schomberg had the cool GA war covers ..... man these are awesome, gotta get me some now! :o

Schomburg, Kirby, Raboy and Crandall produced the most impressive war propaganda covers in my estimation. Each had their strengths (with few weaknesses) and a prolific track record for their respective publishers. I hate leaving out other noteworthy illustrators such as Shores and Avison (Timely), Eisner and Fine (Quality), Novick, Fujitake and Montana (all MLJ) or Kida, Biro (Lev Gleason, Hillman, et al.), and several others whose names elude me at the moment, but their wartime output was less consistent. Nevertheless, these artists created evocative war covers, some of which are regarded as classics of the genre.

My 2c (adjusted in mills for wartime rationing). :grin:

Annother CLASSIC! I had one once in probably vg but went through a stupid "fine or better" phase and sold it figuring I could replace it. Boy, I was wrong. This is one reason, I don't sell books out of my collection much anymore...

Whose collection do you sell them out of? hm