• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre-Heat Speculation Thread - Get it before it gets HOT
9 9

2,180 posts in this topic

I think the A-Force NWA cover that debuts tomorrow will become iconic.

Not saying it will be rare, but it's definitely cool. Should Singularity or this new villain (which makes a first appearance in this issue) have a good story, this book will only become more sought after. It's also an Adam Hughes, and his covers are usually in demand. The Campbell cover is doing well in pre-orders on the bay, and I do also like the 1:25 Ibanez cover, but the Hughes cover looks great to me.

1489695_xl.jpg

its derivative garbage

What didn't you like about the issue? I haven't read it yet.

I was speaking of the cover art not the content on the interior pages.

I think the A-Force NWA cover that debuts tomorrow will become iconic.

Not saying it will be rare, but it's definitely cool. Should Singularity or this new villain (which makes a first appearance in this issue) have a good story, this book will only become more sought after. It's also an Adam Hughes, and his covers are usually in demand. The Campbell cover is doing well in pre-orders on the bay, and I do also like the 1:25 Ibanez cover, but the Hughes cover looks great to me.

1489695_xl.jpg

its derivative garbage

What didn't you like about the issue? I haven't read it yet.

I was speaking of the cover art not the content on the interior pages.

The view from below is never derivative . . . :grin:

Captain America 25. Trust me.

Just get 'em from this guy

CBCS = I'll pass

That cover is a bit off putting to me. I do like the future of issue 25, but the print run in through the roof at over 290,000 copies. The 2nd print variant is nice and has a 1/14 of the print run. Last year I grabbed a couple copies of each, and a copy of both of the covers for 34.

Captain America 25. Trust me.

Just get 'em from this guy

CBCS = I'll pass

That cover is a bit off putting to me. I do like the future of issue 25, but the print run in through the roof at over 290,000 copies. The 2nd print variant is nice and has a 1/14 of the print run. Last year I grabbed a couple copies of each, and a copy of both of the covers for 34.

I definitely like the bloody handcuff cover much better. The running cover definitely does not say "we just killed Captain America" to me.

IDW Disney

On February 2015, it was announced that IDW Publishing made a deal with Disney to continue the publication of the following comic books

Uncle Scrooge, Donald Duck, Mickey Mouse, and Walt Disney's Comics and Stories

The books were released with three covers; regular , sub and RI

The Retailers Incentive Cover is a 1:25. Below are sales figures on these books. I cant but think that, with the low numbers printed, those RI covers have to be something Disney collectors will eventually be scrambling for.

And yes I have been buying these. I do not have any for sale now, and do not plan on selling them any time soon.

Thoughts?

Uncle Scrooge

April 150 Uncle Scrooge 1* $3.99 IDW 19,922

May 144 Uncle Scrooge 2* $3.99 IDW 14,366

June 154 Uncle Scrooge 3* $3.99 IDW 12,397

July 199 Uncle Scrooge 4 $3.99 IDW 10,253

August 188 Uncle Scrooge 5* $3.99 IDW 9,714

September 206 Uncle Scrooge 6* $3.99 IDW 9,187

October 203 Uncle Scrooge 7* $3.99 IDW 8,584

November 215 Uncle Scrooge 8* $3.99 IDW 7,667

December 254 Uncle Scrooge 9 $3.99 IDW 7,376

Donald Duck

May 123 Donald Duck 1* $3.99 IDW 19,945

June 148 Donald Duck 2* $3.99 IDW 13,226

July 201 Donald Duck 3* $3.99 IDW 10,085

August 199 Donald Duck 4* $3.99 IDW 9,059

September 215 Donald Duck 5* $3.99 IDW 8,722

October 217 Donald Duck 6* $3.99 IDW 7,830

November 221 Donald Duck 7* $3.99 IDW 7,451

December 272 Donald Duck 8* $3.99 IDW 6,708

Mickey Mouse

July 108 Mickey Mouse 1 $3.99 IDW 24,299

July 181 Mickey Mouse 2* $3.99 IDW 11,592

August 193 Mickey Mouse 3* $3.99 IDW 9,579

September 216 Mickey Mouse 4* $3.99 IDW 8,710

October 223 Mickey Mouse 5* $3.99 IDW 7,503

November 225 Mickey Mouse 6* $3.99 IDW 7,239

December 284 Mickey Mouse 7* $3.99 IDW 6,388

Walt Disney Comics and Stories

July 176 Walt Disney Comics & Stories 721* $3.99 IDW 12,213

August 210 Walt Disney Comics & Stories 722* $3.99 IDW 8,515

September 230 Walt Disney Comics & Stories 723* $3.99 IDW 7,737

October 237 Walt Disney Comics & Stories 724* $3.99 IDW 6,842

November 244 Walt Disney Comics & Stories 725* $3.99 IDW 6,264

Edited by Astoria

I personally will pass on all. For some reason IDW books just dont move well.. And they have such an expansive library.. Turtles, GI Joe, Peanuts, Star Trek and now Disney...

I remember in the 80s when Gladstone took over Disney, there was a spike in sales on those titles (esp Duck Don Rosa books), fun times.

Hope it works out for them

No interest and see no reason to speculate.

The Uncle Scrooge 1:25 variants sell for as much, if not more, than some of the popular Marvel variant artists.

I have no interest and see no reason to speculate on any or most of the Marvel variants.

The Uncle Scrooge 1:25 variants sell for as much, if not more, than some of the popular Marvel variant artists.

I have no interest and see no reason to speculate on any or most of the Marvel variants.

You're probably in the wrong thread. Either that or why bother comment if that is your approach?

You're probably in the wrong thread. Either that or why bother comment if that is your approach?

I know exactly what thread I'm in. In my opinion, the IDW speculation and speculation on many of Marvel's variants is unwise. Pump and dump purposes aside, this thread should provide useful information or even a debate on what books people should speculate on.

You did ask.

Thoughts?

You did ask.

Thoughts?

I asked for thoughts on speculating on these, simply stating your not interested helps no one, and brings nothing to the table.

You did ask.

Thoughts?

I asked for thought on speculating on these, simply stating your not interested helps no one, and brings nothing to the table.

lol

To be fair, I did say I don't see a reason to speculate on them. IDW books, historically, do not do well - variants or not. I can only think of less than a handful of modern Disney books that have done well on the secondary market.

By all means, buy away, though.

Really you have to consider now that there are several speculator sites that jump on new publishers with low print run books. They pump then they try to sell their copies. All of them are members here now so be aware of who is saying what it helps.

Keep in mind the variant chase costs a decent amount. You wont ever hear someone come in here and say man I lost my on that book.

Look for books that are unique. They wont all be hits, but some will. Monstress seems to be good bet lately. A well produced book that while had a decent print run wasn't ordered by a lot of shops. Not produced well so high grade will be tough and you get a lot of pages for your dollar.

I bought 2 copies at my LCS because I liked the book. I wish I would have ordered several more, but you win and you lose.

Develop your own viewpoints on books and actually read them. Some of the goofballs in here are only trying to further there own agenda. In a year or two they will disappear if you listen to them you might too.