• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre-Heat Speculation Thread - Get it before it gets HOT
9 9

2,180 posts in this topic

I'm not sure that I am following the logic in this thread. Yanni, are you saying that quality doesn't matter or that quality matters less than other factors?

My take is that quality is one of the most important factors driving long term demand. There are other factors that affect the value of a book on both the demand and supply side(movies and print runs make a huge difference). I don't do much spec on on brand new books because it's too early to judge the quality or significance. I've missed a few but I've done pretty well seeking out quality books like the ones you show in your youtube videos (worship)

Some examples off the top of my head of modern books that I judged to be quality that I bulked up on are: the better Adam Hughes and Campbell covers, Del Otto Spider-Man Variants, Y the last man, Saga, Walking Dead, Preacher, and New 52 Batman.

Each person has their own formula, but this one has worked very well for me. (thumbs u

Quality is definitely important, but it does not always equate to an associated value. I bet there are some good story arcs that you could pluck out of $0.25 bin in every shop across the country.

(shrug)

I've read multiple people saying this is a good story. But, it had also been optioned at one point. Still need to read it, there are just so many good stories that I need to catch up on!

Yeah, there are a lot of awesome Barks ducks from the 40s and 50s (and i guess into the 60s?) not getting deserving love right now

This story in Italy (and other countries) is comparable to one of Barks' of Gottfredson's best stories when they came out first.

Here’s your occasion: it’s coming out first for the first time in USA! :D

P.S. Scarpa was directly inspired by Alfred Hitchock's "Vertigo" for this classic story: Mickey Mouse's sinking into his unconscious!

Different cover with Rita holding Green Rangers helmet for 2nd print.

How will it effect the others? IDK, make them more desirable for people who were sleeping on the 1:50 and 1:100 covers? Let the people who want to read it get a chance to?

Moving on...

Different cover with Rita holding Green Rangers helmet for 2nd print.

How will it effect the others? IDK, make them more desirable for people who were sleeping on the 1:50 and 1:100 covers? Let the people who want to read it get a chance to?

Moving on...

Took the words out of my mouth...ummm keyboard.

Just 1 more cover to add for those wanting a complete set might spark some new interest if it looks well and gains a few new readers