• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre-Heat Speculation Thread - Get it before it gets HOT
9 9

2,180 posts in this topic

Batgirl Rebirth # 6- 1st app of Penguin's Son (E. Cobblepot) who will be in a plot line romance with Babs this year. He will be fleshed out a bit more in Batgirl # 7 on 1/25 .

I snagged a few copies of this one as well.

Also, Batman #14 came out this week. I get my comics bi-monthly and will be waiting a couple weeks for this one but I pre-ordered a couple extra copies. I dig the cover and the description makes it sound like something big is happening between Batman and Catwoman. They "make a decision about their future that may change their city forever". Probably just the hype machine rolling but we'll see. Even the Tim Sale variant looks decent on this one.

By the way, I don't expect it to get hot necessarily but if you like Thanos character check out the new series. The first two issues have been very good. Normally I only like Thanos when Jim Starlin is writing him but I'm making an exception here.

I was going for 1st appearances in my post that I haven't seen many people talk about. I totally feel ya on Bats 14 and I absolutely love Cover A, its gorgeous. If going that route, I'd mention Harley 11 as it's the 1st post Rebirth Joker appearance other than him in the future "dead" in Batman Beyond 1 and a partial cameo flashback in Batgirl and Birds of Prey Rebirth. DC Rebirth Holiday Special has been selling a couple bucks above the cover price of 9.99 consistently too.

Edit- forgot to mention Thanos. I'm always intrigued by Thanos, so I'll give most titles with him a shot. I've been a fan since early 90s when I got a copy SS # 50 and Infinity Gauntlet # 1 they came out. I snagged the Dekal 1:25 and Kropinak 1:20, which I'm really digging. It is a "photo" variant of him and Death. Its just done nicely and shows a lighter side to him that you know isn't how he's going to be in the series. Although I feel the whole "Thanos is dying" bit is a poor attempt to draw hype for his appearance in GotG Vol 2. I guess it's time for his rite of passage "dying" gig that all popular feature characters go through

Edited by BigNoidtheDroid

There's a new Nick Fury Jr series coming, maybe Battle Scars #1 will finally see some action

It would be ironic if this were the reason for any kind of spec interest in this book. Coulson seemed a little forced between the Iron Man/Hulk, Battle Scars #1 and BS #6. I'll be following this closely. Go Fury Jr as I still have a bunch of #1s lol

Haven't shared any specs for a while.

I'm very well stocked on all, so... (thumbs u

Nadia Pym

Mosaic

Roku

Punk Mombo

Thane

Riri Williams - IIM 3rd print

Danielle Cage - earth 20XX

Dr.Toni Ho

Nighthawk - supreme power

M

Nur

Elsa bloodstone - with Red Hair...

POD

Annie Parker

Nobody

Goliath

Mother Panic

Muse

Pick of the Month: Kid Kaiju

I'm STILL holding my America Chavez hoard, so hope that solo book does well.. :wishluck:

Cheers!

There's a new Nick Fury Jr series coming, maybe Battle Scars #1 will finally see some action

It would be ironic if this were the reason for any kind of spec interest in this book. Coulson seemed a little forced between the Iron Man/Hulk, Battle Scars #1 and BS #6. I'll be following this closely. Go Fury Jr as I still have a bunch of #1s lol

The sample pages I saw online look very psychedelic like classic Steranko. That's enough to get me to buy the new series when it comes out.

Coulson is one of those D-list or F-list characters like Mariah Hill, Quake and Pepper Pots that people were hoping 1st appearances would take off because of the movies/ tv show but never did (myself included)

Nadia Pym

Mosaic

Roku

Punk Mombo

Thane

Dr.Toni Ho

M

Nur

POD

Annie Parker

Nobody

Goliath

Mother Panic

Muse

I'm STILL holding my America Chavez hoard, so hope that solo book does well.. :wishluck:

Cheers!

Thane - absolutely has potential. New Avengers Vol 3 #10 vanished from shops near me a while ago

Nighthawk (MAX) - I'm a big fan and was saying yes until that horrible new series bombed. Damn shame because his Supreme Power ones were so good.

Elsa Bloodstone - definitely. Her mini series 1st appearance has been a solid "hoard and sit on"

Mosaic - nah. They tried and failed with that one. Flippers didn't really bite

I'll add Phyla-Vell and Hit Monkey because we never know what James Gunn is gonna do down the road. In case there's any doubt about if Hit Monkey is a FOX or Marvel property, he does belong to Marvel/Disney. One of the few facebook question posts of mine that Gunn replied to

Good. Mosaic is three issues in. The spec game is about that long play.

I'll take those 11's on the cheap while the flippers are trying to figure out what printing of Love is Love they have.

I'll add Phyla-Vell and Hit Monkey because we never know what James Gunn is gonna do down the road. In case there's any doubt about if Hit Monkey is a FOX or Marvel property, he does belong to Marvel/Disney. One of the few facebook question posts of mine that Gunn replied to

Agreed. Have hoarded CM 16/17 on my last list (page 2 back in 2015). Haven't had much movement even since then, but are great characters and still good long plays. Hit Monkey is not an easy find in the wild, and is a one at a time find, definitely not found in bunches. I noticed I posted the exact issues last time, and not just the character. Should have just posted the issue(s) I was hoarding, and seen if anyone knew the reason... hm

The sample pages I saw online look very psychedelic like classic Steranko. That's enough to get me to buy the new series when it comes out.

Coulson is one of those D-list or F-list characters like Mariah Hill, Quake and Pepper Pots that people were hoping 1st appearances would take off because of the movies/ tv show but never did (myself included)

I'm a Steranko fan myself. Agree with you on Coulson and the others. When I bought those BS #1s, I was hoping that I'd missed the appeal and others thought Coulson was something special. It appears that we all saw the same thing. lol

Nadia Pym

Mosaic

Roku

Punk Mombo

Thane

Dr.Toni Ho

M

Nur

POD

Annie Parker

Nobody

Goliath

Mother Panic

Muse

Cheers!

Thane - absolutely has potential. New Avengers Vol 3 #10 vanished from shops near me a while ago

Nighthawk (MAX) - I'm a big fan and was saying yes until that horrible new series bombed. Damn shame because his Supreme Power ones were so good.

Elsa Bloodstone - definitely. Her mini series 1st appearance has been a solid "hoard and sit on"

I loaded up on Thane and can see the potential. I bought the Bloodstone #1s when the book initially came out. Great cover and character could be used in all media.

Nadia Pym

Mosaic

Roku

Punk Mombo

Thane

Dr.Toni Ho

M

Nur

POD

Annie Parker

Nobody

Goliath

Mother Panic

Muse

Cheers!

I loaded up on Thane and can see the potential. I bought the Bloodstone #1s when the book initially came out. Great cover and character could be used in all media.

A nice, and way cheap Thane pickup is Infinity #6 1:50 Opena variant. Of course it's all speculation, but what isn't?

Nadia Pym

Mosaic

Roku

Punk Mombo

Thane

Dr.Toni Ho

M

Nur

POD

Annie Parker

Nobody

Goliath

Mother Panic

Muse

Cheers!

A nice, and way cheap Thane pickup is Infinity #6 1:50 Opena variant. Of course it's all speculation, but what isn't?

Infinity 4 variant as well. First full app.

Nadia Pym

Mosaic

Roku

Punk Mombo

Thane

Dr.Toni Ho

M

Nur

POD

Annie Parker

Nobody

Goliath

Mother Panic

Muse

Cheers!

Infinity 4 variant as well. First full app.

Thanks. I enjoyed that series, especially Thor's hammer throw (thumbs u

That's why I thought I'd share. I was listing 1st appearances that I think were overlooked by the majority of collectors.

After reading Batgirl 6 tonight I realized that Penguin's son first appears there. He wasn't mentioned as being part of it in the solicitation. So I ordered three copies of issue 7. Boooo.
Edited by BigNoidtheDroid

Nadia Pym

Mosaic

Roku

Punk Mombo

Thane

Dr.Toni Ho

M

Nur

POD

Annie Parker

Nobody

Goliath

Mother Panic

Muse

Cheers!

Did you finish the NIghthawk series. I thought is was one of the better series from last year and seriously underappreciated.

Nadia Pym

Mosaic

Roku

Punk Mombo

Thane

Dr.Toni Ho

M

Nur

POD

Annie Parker

Nobody

Goliath

Mother Panic

Muse

Cheers!

Did you finish the NIghthawk series. I thought is was one of the better series from last year and seriously underappreciated.

I gave it 2 or 3 issues and that was enough to toss them into the junk box. I can do without the BLM bs